SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #11,041 of 15,280
Switched from Stock cable to Master Line Lavricables and now to Dunu Blanche. So far I like what I hear and comfort. Sound a bit clearer, bass save same weight, trebles without any signs of not necessary sibilants. The only significant drawback for some is the length of the connector but with my DAP it's not a problem

Btw about sources, I've owned DX300 with 11 AMP mk1 3 days, and, in my view, it's not the best synergy. z1r already has enough bass and dx300 add more which already too much...Also, it adds a bit warm to the mids which might be not really suitable for some genres like, for instance, something epochal like Iron Maiden's new album. AMP 12 is another story and I would rather pair z1r with it. Of course, just a matter of preferences

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #11,045 of 15,280
thank you, in what sense it can become a problem?
Could you please elaborate?
If you get a bass heavy/focussed source and bass heavy music you might end up with too much of a good thing

Oct 25, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #11,047 of 15,280
Anyone who knows a good seller in Europe? I'd like to buy a new Sony IER-Z1R, but it seems impossibile to find a trusted seller here. :frowning2:

I think could be a good choice, i like classical music and rock/pop music. I've considered also CA Solaris, 64 Audio U12t and UM Mest MKII.

This would be my first TOTL IEM.

Oct 25, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #11,048 of 15,280
It has the best bass of all my IEMs but that same bass can become a problem.
With respect to the tonal correctness of the IER-Z1R, I’m curious how users in this forum find it for orchestral music, more specifically, the piano or bowed stringed instruments? For reference, I find the Focal Utopia to be the most accurate headphone with reproducing the sound of stringed Instruments because it has excellent extension and is highly resolving. On the opposite end, I find the tuning of 64 Audio’s treble and Tia driver to be completely incorrect and it causes stringed instruments to sound soft, distant, veiled, missing, and misplaced. I can’t stress enough how wrong and offensive the tuning is of 64 Audio’s A/U18s is.

I have not listened to the Z1R, but I’m wondering if someone who is a musician or familiar with chamber music can comment on how the Z1R fares? Does the Z1R have too much bass and is it better suited for pop music like 64 Audio’s kit?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #11,049 of 15,280
Anyone who knows a good seller in Europe? I'd like to buy a new Sony IER-Z1R, but it seems impossibile to find a trusted seller here. :frowning2:

I think could be a good choice, i like classical music and rock/pop music. I've considered also CA Solaris, 64 Audio U12t and UM Mest MKII.

This would be my first TOTL IEM.
Can you buy direct from Sony? That's how I got mine here in Australia...

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #11,050 of 15,280
It has the best bass of all my IEMs but that same bass can become a problem.
If ever I thought Z1R had too much bass, well I'd use my Andro2020 instead.

That being said, I don't ever think the Z1R has too much bass, in fact I prefer to use it with bass-heavy music, EDM, rap etc. The fact that the Z1R bass Quality is so damn good is what makes it so completely addicting to me-yes there is a lot of it, but it's rendered just about perfectly to my ears.

Oct 26, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #11,052 of 15,280
Sony WM 1A or Ibasso DX300 for de IEM Z1R ??
+1

curious about DX300 as well. I have WM1A but I like to have the streaming feature as well.

Oct 26, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #11,053 of 15,280
thank you, in what sense it can become a problem?
Could you please elaborate?

I think the bass over power the other aspects of the music I'm listening to.
Perfect example of this is Chris Botti's - Lisa (from the Night Session
Album). The Bass in the beginning is no high that I can hardly enjoy the
Trumpet. The IER-Z1R are amazing for Rap, RNB and LoFi. But they suffer they
are used to listen to music that bass is not the focal point of the music,
IE Classical, Jazz and some Vocal. The best no audiophile explanation I can
provide is. Think of going to concert and the bass and the drummers audio
feed is turned up higher than the mic for the vocal and the other
instrument. I can hear everything but you're not going to enjoy the other
parts of the music as much.

They are a keeper for me though. This is just my 2cents

Attachments

• 14A70E95-D658-4C30-8A1D-223FCCE7471F.jpeg
    14A70E95-D658-4C30-8A1D-223FCCE7471F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #11,054 of 15,280
If ever I thought Z1R had too much bass, well I'd use my Andro2020 instead.

That being said, I don't ever think the Z1R has too much bass, in fact I prefer to use it with bass-heavy music, EDM, rap etc. The fact that the Z1R bass Quality is so damn good is what makes it so completely addicting to me-yes there is a lot of it, but it's rendered just about perfectly to my ears.
I know. It’s breathing new life in my old music. I’m happy I bought them but they are best suited for specific music

Oct 26, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #11,055 of 15,280
Can you buy direct from Sony? That's how I got mine here in Australia...

Unfortunately not. Here in Italy is not sold. Neither in Europe. But I know that many people has these iem's, so i was wondering how to buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back