SONY IER-Z1R
Feb 15, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #9,721 of 15,279
Now that you mentioned it, the TS400 tips were fine initially but became loose after I used them a few times in the Z1R. TS200 is probably a better choice indeed.
Did you put an adapter on the FInal Type E? I'm still looking to find which pair of tips works best for me. I like comply, but they don't work out so well when you have to keep removing them every few minutes and putting them back in.

Feb 15, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #9,722 of 15,279
Did you put an adapter on the FInal Type E? I'm still looking to find which pair of tips works best for me. I like comply, but they don't work out so well when you have to keep removing them every few minutes and putting them back in.

Final E works and fits fine and are the best for me

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #9,723 of 15,279
I’m using Final Type E (clear/red version) since I bought the Z1R two years ago. Best for me too.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #9,724 of 15,279
I’m using Final Type E (clear/red version) since I bought the Z1R two years ago. Best for me too.

Yep that’s what I have as well

Feb 15, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #9,725 of 15,279
Well, you guys convinced me to order a pair and try them. Lucky for me, Amazon keeps taking my tip returns when I don't like them.

Feb 15, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #9,726 of 15,279
Anyone try a Linum cable with the IER-Z1R? Are you able to remove the cable without damaging it?

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #9,727 of 15,279
Anyone try a Linum cable with the IER-Z1R? Are you able to remove the cable without damaging it?

Any cable can be removed but with different degrees of difficulty

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #9,728 of 15,279
Really happy with the shiny new IER-Z1R that arrived in the post today!

I plan to get a few different tips to experiment with, Xelastics, SpinFits, Final E, maybe Dekoni foams, but does anyone know how/where you can get replacements of the same ones that come in the box from Sony? I'm already really liking both the silicone and triple-comfort ootb, but I'll need to replace them sooner than later...

tia.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #9,729 of 15,279

I plan to get a few different tips to experiment with, Xelastics, SpinFits, Final E, maybe Dekoni foams, but does anyone know how/where you can get replacements of the same ones that come in the box from Sony? I'm already really liking both the silicone and triple-comfort ootb, but I'll need to replace them sooner than later...

tia.

Congratulations~
Enjoy your z1r...you will be kept on surprise whenever you feed it with a more powerful source

You can search Sony EP-TC50 Triple Comfort Replacement Eartips ...should be similar or same hybrid ear tip with the z1r

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #9,732 of 15,279
I can't see these on Amazon UK. Where did you see it in the Uk?
They become intermittently available and then change to 'unavailable'. I had to wait weeks before they became available but when they do Amazon UK usually get 2 - 3 in stock. I'd regularly check or message Amazon but supply is very scarce in general.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #9,733 of 15,279

tia.
I just went through the tip gauntlet, with Xelastics, SpinFits, Final E, Monster SuperTips, and the included ones. Settled on the Final E, with Xelastec coming in second but the Final E's don't slowly fall out of my ear like the Xelastecs were.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #9,734 of 15,279
I just went through the tip gauntlet, with Xelastics, SpinFits, Final E, Monster SuperTips, and the included ones. Settled on the Final E, with Xelastec coming in second but the Final E's don't slowly fall out of my ear like the Xelastecs were.
I really like the Spinfit CP145's on the Z1R as well as the FAudio Intrumental and vocal tips.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #9,735 of 15,279
What seems to work for me fit-wise is using stock tips 1 size smaller than I did with other IEMs (my Polaris 2s) and wearing the IEMs with cable running down my back. Solid fit, they haven't dropped out of my ears once. Forget I'm wearing them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back