SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #9,271 of 15,280
I'm sad to say I don't know where those "stabilizers" came from as they were in my box of stuff I'd acquired over the years.

The heavy shells on the Z1Rs tend to droop into a position that makes some of the IEM's edges press uncomfortably against my ear lobes so I've experimented with various ways to mitigate that, and luckily this setup seems to work well. If I can figure out what IEM/earbud they came from I'll follow up.
thanks. I notice after a while that they do tend to push downward which causes extra pressure on bottom of my ears. Nothing major, luckily, but still.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #9,272 of 15,280
just ordered the epro horn tip from amazon. where did you get the eartune fidelity u (oval tip)? just received the dunu blanche and it provides better over the over ear support than the original cables, definitely less ache. now is to find the stabiliser to hold shell.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #9,273 of 15,280
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #9,278 of 15,280
Unfortunately shipping cost is $70 to Dubai

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #9,280 of 15,280
Keep in mind they run sort of small compared to other brands, so the "large" is more of a medium.
No, i use 10.5mm (S size of Sony, SS size of other brand) in diameter round shape ear tips on ier-z1r, and my M size eartune tips (which is also 10.5mm in width of the narrow part) feel fit ok at the first half hour, after that it start to build up pressure badly on one of my ear.

Think about it, when you push a round shape ear tips into the oval shape ear canal, the round shape tips side wall will compress inward and deform to oval shape, the narrow part of that round shape ear tips diameter will become smaller, the height become larger.

I believe their size label probably have the compensation in mind, since i have the M size on hand to measure, in numbers of width their M size = S/SS size of other brand, which make sense because they are true to size (of the deformed round tips).

So my final conclusion of this oval ear tips is that i need to buy at least the same size as usual in trust of how they do label their products, if their fitting design already have some kind of compensation. Or maybe one size down if they don't.

Also the design of IEM also affect the fitting depth and size of tips to be use.

That's why i'm going to buy all the size available with the discount code given this time.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #9,281 of 15,280
Man.. wish I had bought the Z1R sooner..
It would’ve saved me tons of money by not spending on all those chi-fi, mid-fi even some hifi stuff that I bought over the years which are all now gathering dust.

I just bought the Cayin N3 Pro.. wonder if anyone uses it with the Z1r via its ultra linear mode (tube).

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #9,282 of 15,280
Man.. wish I had bought the Z1R sooner..
It would’ve saved me tons of money by not spending on all those chi-fi, mid-fi even some hifi stuff that I bought over the years which are all now gathering dust.

I just bought the Cayin N3 Pro.. wonder if anyone uses it with the Z1r via its ultra linear mode (tube).

I’m also curious how the Z1R will sound with tube goodness. I’m planning to get the Cayin C9 when it becomes available, can’t wait to pair it with Z1R.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #9,283 of 15,280
No, i use 10.5mm (S size of Sony, SS size of other brand) in diameter round shape ear tips on ier-z1r, and my M size eartune tips (which is also 10.5mm in width of the narrow part) feel fit ok at the first half hour, after that it start to build up pressure badly on one of my ear.

Think about it, when you push a round shape ear tips into the oval shape ear canal, the round shape tips side wall will compress inward and deform to oval shape, the narrow part of that round shape ear tips diameter will become smaller, the height become larger.

I believe their size label probably have the compensation in mind, since i have the M size on hand to measure, in numbers of width their M size = S/SS size of other brand, which make sense because they are true to size (of the deformed round tips).

So my final conclusion of this oval ear tips is that i need to buy at least the same size as usual in trust of how they do label their products, if their fitting design already have some kind of compensation. Or maybe one size down if they don't.

Also the design of IEM also affect the fitting depth and size of tips to be use.

That's why i'm going to buy all the size available with the discount code given this time.

the eartune fidelity discount still works i stop short of paying when the shipping cost $15 vs the $17 product. Just have to be wait if it will be sold on other platform with cheaper shipping.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #9,284 of 15,280
I’m also curious how the Z1R will sound with tube goodness. I’m planning to get the Cayin C9 when it becomes available, can’t wait to pair it with Z1R.

am waiting for the Cayin C9 too, N3 Pro is interesting but i don’t need another DAP.
any idea how the z1r performs on the N3 Pro, esp in triode mode. i will be good to get some impression. Btw remember seeing Black Friday sales on N3 pro for $3xx.

i got the Dunu Blanche and fits the z1r, looks good too. The ergonomic is great as it is soft and helps to lift the iem. didn’t really bother to compare the sound between Blanche and the original Sony cable. excuse the photo as i didn’t clean up the dust and finger prints.

F2587BE4-4276-4181-A7BB-60B13F153686.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back