SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6,001 of 15,344
I realize you’re not from America so you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but who the f*#k shoved a turkey leg in your ass! :wink:

Haha

Hilarious LoL
Well said )

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #6,002 of 15,344
Well all this hobby is all about entertainment and fun.
But all my statements they still stand true and the feedback and what I heard is still all legitimate.

Its not cause my preferences arent met that this whole circus fun you seem to have enjoyed was a false pleasantry.

I also didn't alter the ier-z1r foam. It is the genuine original one that was there. And its all back as it was when it left sonys factory. Not been pierced not been cut , it is in its original estate!
Applied a minimalist amount of glue so it dont slide out or in.

Its like if you changed your headphones earpads ohh no it has been damaged lol. Heck no...

Hate to be that guy, but I have to concur with the other posters. It is not in its original state. Wouldn't you want to know if someone tampered with an item they're trying to sell you? There's really no two ways about it.

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6,003 of 15,344
Hate to be that guy, but I have to concur with the other posters. It is not in its original state. Wouldn't you want to know if someone tampered with an item they're trying to sell you? There's really no two ways about it.

I already added the info in my post. So theres nothing to worry about.

I am not trying to smuggle anything here

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #6,004 of 15,344
I already added the info in my post. So theres nothing to worry about.

I am not trying to smuggle anything here
Folks, let's give @Vitaly2017 a break here as he did mention that he took out the foam piece and then put it back in - I saw the FOR SALE post. In fact, I did the same thing and put a piece of sock in place of the foam and the IERs never sounded better - lol...

In fact, I'm listening to the IERs now on qobuz:

Great song, btw...let's get back to the music!

Happy Black Friday!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #6,005 of 15,344
Folks, let's give @Vitaly2017 a break here as he did mention that he took out the foam piece and then put it back in - I saw the FOR SALE post. In fact, I did the same thing and put a piece of sock in place of the foam and the IERs never sounded better - lol...

In fact, I'm listening to the IERs now on qobuz:

Great song, btw...let's get back to the music!

Happy Black Friday!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Thank you for the supportive words,
Indeed people acting like its the end of the world on this mysterious sony foam...

Hahaha you found some magical socks apparently where those that your grandpa was wearing long time a go :ghost:

Nov 30, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #6,007 of 15,344
Hi guys,

which tips are you guys using in your Z1R ? I,'m using stock triple comfort ML size, so far it give me comfort listening but i could not get the great seal for better bass extension
Using JVC Spiral Dots M. Works well for me. I was using Symbio Wide Bore Tips but they started irritating my ears.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #6,008 of 15,344
Using JVC Spiral Dots M. Works well for me. I was using Symbio Wide Bore Tips but they started irritating my ears.

Wooh me to I find symbio orange to have a stiff silicone type.

What I did is cutout and trim comply foam and insert it in a type e M tip.
Its soft and gentle

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #6,012 of 15,344
Then, there's something completely different on the way, the CA ATLAS. lol.

Ca atlas?
Isnt that already been out for some time?
Also not to mistake z1r for a basshead iem lol. Cause it is not that way...

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #6,013 of 15,344
Ca atlas?
Isnt that already been out for some time?
Also not to mistake z1r for a basshead iem lol. Cause it is not that way...
Yes, I know that :D

It's just that I had to try some bass bomb any time soon. lol.

The LCD-i4 (my favourite sounding IEM ever) is also a neutral IEM (well, depending of the source/EQ). I believe the ATLAS will be here for a day or 2, but let's see :p

The SONY leaves me curious. I love their headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #6,014 of 15,344
W

The LCD-i4 (my favourite sounding IEM ever) is also a neutral IEM (well, depending of the source/EQ). I believe the ATLAS will be here for a day or 2, but let's see :p

Well if you like neutral and accurate sound. You may like the z1r.
It is not as neutral lets say but a warmish tilt with deliously tune bass and a treble that extends very well and all this is happening naturally. Cause it uses 2xdd and 1 ba in t shaped.

Never heard lcdi4. But I bet it will never reach z1r bass ability due to planar vs dd. Z1r will be way more physical! And you will be flattered by those sexy sound waves HAHA

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #6,015 of 15,344

I have both and they are like two different animals, which is why I still have them. The i4s are open in-ears that sound like TOTL over the ear headphones and the IERs are closed IEMs with deeper bass that also sound like over the ear headphones much more than other IEMs.

I really like both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back