SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,906 of 15,275
I did pre-ordered them but the shop that I did the pre-order got delayed and then I happened to got one from the store front at local Sony store. Mine is number 1991. With a free kimber cable too. Seem like they held out stock to their own store before distributors?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #1,908 of 15,275
I know some people in Europe that have gotten theirs, but I'm not sure how many of them got it from a dealer in Europe, if any. I know at least one person that pre-ordered from a dealer in Malaysia. Same place I pre-ordered mine.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #1,910 of 15,275
I "ordered" a pair from AccessoryJack way back in Feb, they were "processing" for several months and then finally AccessoryJack up and refunded my payment saying that they were not able to receive any... So yeah I think Sony might be having some production issues, I can fully understand :) but, yeah.

Ken

Did you order or preorder? I thought typically sellers would have orders enabled only if they had stock.

Woo Audio still claim they'll be shipping mid-April and they did seem to clear preorders if they had any and fulfill some orders a few weeks back. If it turns out to be true that they'll get more units within the next two weeks perhaps other sellers will get supplied too.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #1,911 of 15,275
Did you order or preorder? I thought typically sellers would have orders enabled only if they had stock.

Woo Audio still claim they'll be shipping mid-April and they did seem to clear preorders if they had any and fulfill some orders a few weeks back. If it turns out to be true that they'll get more units within the next two weeks perhaps other sellers will get supplied too.

That's where I got mine. Luck of the draw email after I saw their posting on here that they were in stock. Apparently I snagged the last one at the time. My serial number is 76.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #1,913 of 15,275
They’re available for immediate pickup in Korea (and I think Japan too) - I guess it’s pretty region-dependent.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #1,916 of 15,275
Very well stocked in Japan too, unsurprisingly I suppose. It is also lower MSRP than US.

I think people in Japan were pretty pissed off that they got them last though (I think a month or two after Korea?) - would be pretty bad if they also had availability issues on top of that.

They’re well stocked in Korea, but with a higher MSRP (~$2200ish) :unamused:

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,917 of 15,275
I think people in Japan were pretty pissed off that they got them last though (I think a month or two after Korea?) - would be pretty bad if they also had availability issues on top of that.

They’re well stocked in Korea, but with a higher MSRP (~$2200ish) :unamused:

Isn't it <$200 USD to fly to Tokyo from Seoul? Spend a weekend and grab a pair. :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #1,918 of 15,275
Isn't it <$200 USD to fly to Tokyo from Seoul? Spend a weekend and grab a pair. :)

Hah well I just splurged on a Hugo 2, so not looking to get my hybrid IEM immediately. I’ll probably get one this winter? I’ll keep an eye out for any upcoming IEMs, like the triple hybrid from Oriolus and VE Elysium.

If I decide on the Z1R, then I’ll probably get it locally, since my store should have a 15~20% sale at some point and I can use store credit on top of it.

But if I decide on something like the Legend X, then I’ll definitely get it in Japan, since I have a trip planned there then anyways! Not only do they have their fancy Japan-exclusive colors, but they also have the lowest MSRP I think at ~$2100, which is a cool $1000 less than the price here.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,920 of 15,275
Now Woo Audio is updated to mid-May, which might as well say they have no idea. How can Sony have a glut in Korea and Japan but have these unavailable in the west?

I would imagine that’s because Sony and Sony Korea are ordering more than Woo Audio or AccessoryJack. I don’t pretend to know what’s going on behind the scenes, but brands will generally have a MOQ (say, 10 in the case of Noble IEMs), and a smaller distributor won’t order 100 $2000 IEMs, whereas Sony is Sony.

Also, Japan had its Z1R release delayed by months, so it’s not like everything’s smooth sailing elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back