SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 8, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #1,891 of 15,318
Been using my Z1R for a few days and found that they sound really similiar to my un-cipher Audeze Sine (Not the in-ear one). The Z1R are more spacious sounding/more headroom and with better mid but otherwise they are really similar sounding. Not sure if I should praise the Z1R that are able to sound like somewhat improved version of an actual can or praise the Sine as it sound only a bit worse than something almost 4 times it price.
You are saying that this in ear monitor sounds as good as an expensive headphone ? Same power in both or on headphone you giving it the proper power ?

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #1,892 of 15,318
You are saying that this in ear monitor sounds as good as an expensive headphone ? Same power in both or on headphone you giving it the proper power ?
Both are driven out of the same source but the Sine is marketed as a portable can and can be use with Iphone so it SHOULD have at least a sufficent level of power. Eh, its not a high-end totl can anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #1,893 of 15,318
Both are driven out of the same source but the Sine is marketed as a portable can and can be use with Iphone so it SHOULD have at least a sufficent level of power. Eh, its not a high-end totl can anyway.
Ooo you talking about the iem, I wasnt impressed and that light on the go headphone was below average.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,895 of 15,318
He's talking about the z1r iem and the sine headphone that costs four times less.
Oo yeah the tiny ear pads that press onto the ear not over the ear. Was a soso affordable sounding headphone.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,897 of 15,318
Which sounds a lot like the z1r...

According to one person. I've tried both and don't think they're at all similar. For instance, the Sine is more mid-forward, light in bass, and not close to as wide soundstage.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,899 of 15,318
What full-size headphone would you compare the z1r to?

Wish I could tell you. Don't get much exposure to full-sized headphones. I'm a portable guy. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,900 of 15,318
Have anyone tried the Z1R with the new JVC Sprial Dot ++ tips? I found them a very good match and helps with soundstage.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,901 of 15,318
Wish I could tell you. Don't get much exposure to full-sized headphones. I'm a portable guy. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I've had my z1r for about three weeks now. I spent a fair amount of time this past weekend going back and forth with the z1r and Audeze LCD4 powered by my MHA100. I can honestly say that the z1r equalled the LCD4 for me. The sound stage was as good if not better and the visceral feel of the bass performance was stunning. I'm definitely going to start clearing out my full size collection as the z1r checks all the boxes for me without the discomfort of wearing a heavy headset... And no more HP hair. :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,902 of 15,318
Are these coming out in waves or something? I thought once people started getting their hands on them then the wait was over. It looks backordered everywhere now.

Anyone in the US ever receive theirs? This wait is excruciating.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #1,903 of 15,318
Are these coming out in waves or something? I thought once people started getting their hands on them then the wait was over. It looks backordered everywhere now.

I "ordered" a pair from AccessoryJack way back in Feb, they were "processing" for several months and then finally AccessoryJack up and refunded my payment saying that they were not able to receive any... So yeah I think Sony might be having some production issues, I can fully understand :) but, yeah.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,904 of 15,318

Some have indeed come into the country but the backlog from Sony is indeed real and long. Pushing them to hopefully get more in sooner than later.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,905 of 15,318
Seems like pre-ordering early was the best bet. I didn't get mine in the first wave, but I got it maybe 3 weeks later. Sucks that they're so hard to come by despite having been officially 'released'. Kind of reminds me of when certain new video game consoles come out. They can be hard to come by for months if you didn't pre-order and aren't willing to pay a premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back