SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 15, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #14,341 of 15,290
After reading the connector issues that frequently pop out in this thread, I will use the stock cable until it literally rots.

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #14,342 of 15,290
Stock cables are excellent imo just got replacement Sony hybrid tips for my z1r also. After all these years, the ier-z1r & tazh1es combo is just sublime.

I have been in an entire day of orchestral practice and come back home to the z1r and finding that it reproduces an instrument and concert setting almost perfectly, I feel not only the instruments but emotionally what the artists are trying to convey.

The highest praise I can give is that this is the cheapest way to listen to top tier artists and orchestras live :)

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #14,343 of 15,290
After reading the connector issues that frequently pop out in this thread, I will use the stock cable until it literally rots.
That is also what i do. They are way to precious for me to not have them around me anymore.

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #14,344 of 15,290
The stock cable is really good but I prefer the Dunu Blanche. Mostly because of the swappable tips but also prefer the sound though the difference is relatively small. Used the stock 4.4 the first 3 years and now the Dunu for about 2 years so have essentially only fitted a cable twice in 5 years and removed it once

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #14,346 of 15,290
The recent conversation about connectors and aftermarket cables got me curious and I decided to check on my Z1R’s a little closer, I noticed that my left side the cable has a little more play, it swings easier than the right side. Now I’m wondering if this is going to affect it on the long run for now both sides are working perfectly with no issues. I have a feeling that eventually the left side will need to be repaired.

Aug 15, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #14,347 of 15,290
The TAZH1ES is nice but by dac/amp standards it's "older" and technology keeps advancing, is there any desktop dac/amp combo that competes or surpasses it with similar sound for less money? And synergies well with my z1r?
The recent conversation about connectors and aftermarket cables got me curious and I decided to check on my Z1R’s a little closer, I noticed that my left side the cable has a little more play, it swings easier than the right side. Now I’m wondering if this is going to affect it on the long run for now both sides are working perfectly with no issues. I have a feeling that eventually the left side will need to be repaired.

One of my sides spins a bit easier, I'd say both pretty much take as much force to turn them as turning a 3.5mm cable jack

Aug 15, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #14,348 of 15,290
The TAZH1ES is nice but by dac/amp standards it's "older" and technology keeps advancing, is there any desktop dac/amp combo that competes or surpasses it with similar sound for less money? And synergies well with my z1r?

One of my sides spins a bit easier, I'd say both pretty much take as much force to turn them as turning a 3.5mm cable jack
Yeah I would say it’s about the same for me, the left side spins easier Than the right one hopefully it won’t affect the operation of the IEM, I’ll probably just avoid playing with the cables too much just to be safe

Aug 15, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #14,349 of 15,290
Yeah I would say it’s about the same for me, the left side spins easier Than the right one hopefully it won’t affect the operation of the IEM, I’ll probably just avoid playing with the cables too much just to be safe
Yeah when I change the cables in the future, hope the weak link is the cable and not the connector on the IEM itself.

Aug 15, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #14,351 of 15,290
Can anyone say if the Z1R can be driven sufficiently by the Japanese (uncapped) version of the NW-A306? And what this synergy is like?
I believe our friend psikey used the Z1R with the A306 before he sold it to stick with the M9 , send him a PM and ask him I’m sure he won’t mind giving you his views on it.

Aug 15, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #14,353 of 15,290
is the brise sep for z1r the "only one" you can get from brise exclusively made for the z1r? no 8w ultimate from another category?
The bsep is available in both z1r and ie900 i think but I believe you can get request for any of the brise offerings to be terminated for z1r.

Aug 16, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #14,354 of 15,290
My left side spons also easier than the right, in my Z5 is the opposite

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #14,355 of 15,290
I picked up an IER-Z1R about 6 months ago but it has barely seen any use because of the comfort mostly on the cable side as I can't get it to stay over my ear. So I am looking for a replacement. I am considering Brise BSEP and Lavaricable as I'd like to stay with a cable with the appropriate connectors. However I can't find any feedback on ergonomics on these two or if there are any other cables that might have better ergonomics, I'm open to that as well. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back