SONY IER-Z1R
Dec 25, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #9,466 of 15,280
Just quoting what I said on another thread here.

Basically, I am looking for some cable with budget limit of 150$. Decent quality + lightweight with chin slider option is enough.
Do you guys have any suggestion?

Oh man, we're on such opposite ends of the fit.

I have an insanely deep fit with the Z1R.

Edit: here's how the Z1R looks inside my ears.

9561C3A6-0BB6-44FA-BCD2-21A160B49984.jpeg

But for the cable, I think I saw an Effect Audio Eros floating around the For Sale/Trade forum. I forgot how much it was though but I think it was a pretty good price. But I've heard good things about those cables. So far I've only tried the stock cable since it just sounds good as it is. But I have the Sony Kimber cable on the way. And I really liked it with the Z1R.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #9,467 of 15,280
Oh man, we're on such opposite ends of the fit.

I have an insanely deep fit with the Z1R.

Edit: here's how the Z1R looks inside my ears.

But for the cable, I think I saw an Effect Audio Eros floating around the For Sale/Trade forum. I forgot how much it was though but I think it was a pretty good price. But I've heard good things about those cables. So far I've only tried the stock cable since it just sounds good as it is. But I have the Sony Kimber cable on the way. And I really liked it with the Z1R.
Lol, yeah my ear is weird in a way that the canal is swallow so everything works :'D
I am in Japan so I would prefer an option that is available in Japan honestly.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #9,468 of 15,280
Lol, yeah my ear is weird in a way that the canal is swallow so everything works :'D
I am in Japan so I would prefer an option that is available in Japan honestly.
Japan!!
That's perfect then!
e-earphone's used department is full of great cables to choose from. I say the safest bet for me would be the Sony Kimber cable. Just search on e-earphone for it. There should be a ton of great condition in their used department.

Dec 25, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #9,469 of 15,280
Japan!!
That's perfect then!
e-earphone's used department is full of great cables to choose from. I say the safest bet for me would be the Sony Kimber cable. Just search on e-earphone for it. There should be a ton of great condition in their used department.
Heh, you are right, thanks
1608888489360.png

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #9,470 of 15,280
Went to demo the z1r and other iems at my local store. Really love the z1r sound but I could use a little more treble. the only real downside of the z1r in my opinion is the size/weight of the iem, the fit was fine but the weight urggh.
Anyone here tried the UM MEST vs z1r ? Could you please give me a comparison between the two (I have already asked this once in the UM MEST thread but would love to get more opinions from z1r users). Unfortunately there are no demo units for the Mest in my country.

8968560D-4348-4A15-8C62-B1BB8B7A6AE8.jpeg
well .. I got myself the z1r at last (inevitable for me). Any tips on ear tips? Also Im looking for the sony kimber kable, should be a good match right?

770231FF-0F46-4C3B-87AA-B0C285F1915C.jpeg

Dec 25, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #9,471 of 15,280
well .. I got myself the z1r at last (inevitable for me). Any tips on ear tips? Also Im looking for the sony kimber kable, should be a good match right?

770231FF-0F46-4C3B-87AA-B0C285F1915C.jpeg

I clearly prefered the stock cable to the Sony Kimber on these. The stock cable is actually very good though now I’m actually using a $25 Linsoul cable from Amazon both for the Z1R and for my JH13, love the flexibility of it and don’t detect any degradation in sound

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #9,473 of 15,280
I clearly prefered the stock cable to the Sony Kimber on these. The stock cable is actually very good though now I’m actually using a $25 Linsoul cable from Amazon both for the Z1R and for my JH13, love the flexibility of it and don’t detect any degradation in sound
Thankyou, I dont like the memory wire on the stock cable. I might order some aliexpress cables to try out.

FAudio ‘Vocal’ tips are very good with the Z1R. Also like the Acoustune AET07.
Thankyou will get my hand on those. Now Im using the Acoustune AET08 but will get those AET07.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #9,474 of 15,280
Anyone have any thoughts on the M9 vs the Z1R , i previously owned the Z1R - couldn't get a good fit and couldn't tolerate the highs - but the bass, man, ooft. Willing to comprimise on the bass if the M9 is similiar in other aspects
This likely won't help you much, but I'll say it anyway. I had a borrowed pair of M9 for a couple of days and got a few hours with them. To me they were "meh". There wasn't anything special about them. The Z1R, by contrast, impressed me in the same amount of time with a borrowed pair, as very capable.

Dec 25, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #9,476 of 15,280
I have both the m9 and z1r. The bass,treble and soundstage of the z1r is a clear winner. The tone of z1r is more "coherant" and fuller while the instrumental sepreration on the m9 is a bit better. The m9 sounds less fatiguing to my ears than the z1r (not saying that z1r is fatiguing). The fit on m9 is alot better than the z1r.
The m9 at its pricing is a better buy if you are on a budget imo. The sound quality isnt that far off imo compared to the price. [I got the m9 at half the price of the z1r.]

Dec 25, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #9,477 of 15,280
Thankyou, I dont like the memory wire on the stock cable. I might order some aliexpress cables to try out.

Thankyou will get my hand on those. Now Im using the Acoustune AET08 but will get those AET07.

try the Final type E and the Azla sedna earfit tips.
as for cable, check out the dunu cables. i like it for the changeable plugs and flexible wires.

Dec 25, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #9,480 of 15,280

Users who are viewing this thread

Back