SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #4,366 of 15,276
Is fitting not an issues between them 2 ?

Yes indeed it is! I only managed to get a perfect fit on the EX1000 a few months a go thanx to the Final E tips and I have owned them for 8 years :p
Currently I find the fit of the IER Z1R sort of a nightmare as I`m always aware that they are there. I have ordered smaller Final E tips and also Spiral Dots to try and get a better fit on them..

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #4,367 of 15,276
ex1000 is amazing
if properly driven
in my opinion it matches
today's flagships
Not to mention that it is single dynamic driver which can be custom fit into any custom in ear housing ?
Yes indeed it is! I only managed to get a perfect fit on the EX1000 a few months a go thanx to the Final E tips and I have owned them for 8 years :p
Currently I find the fit of the IER Z1R sort of a nightmare as I`m always aware that they are there. I have ordered smaller Final E tips and also Spiral Dots to try and get a better fit on them..

If it is a problem, then I would stick with ex1000 from the way you described it....LOL

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #4,368 of 15,276
ex1000 is amazing
if properly driven
in my opinion it matches
today's flagships

My thoughts excatly :) But IER Z1R are still way better though^^

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #4,369 of 15,276
Not to mention that it is single dynamic driver which can be custom fit into any custom in ear housing ?

If it is a problem, then I would stick with ex1000 from the way you described it....LOL

It is a problem I`ll probably end up sorting out in 8 years time lol :wink:

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #4,373 of 15,276
I don't think you're understanding my point
I perfectly understand your. Do you get mine ?

I see no point in spending 4x the price for an item that barely is an improvement over the cheaper item. Not to mention the fitting is also more horrible in comparison to a cheaper iems. There are people who would totally pay thousands for a re-shell of their favorite iems into a custom one.....and EX1000 is often done by that

But I actually was never any fan for in ears stuff. The Z1R intrigues me, and also the M9. I got the M9 here, and it sounds great! If Z1R barely sound better and in tradeoff for a worse fitting and comfortability, then I would just keep the M9

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #4,374 of 15,276

I see no point in spending 4x the price for an item that barely is an improvement over the cheaper item. Not to mention the fitting is also more horrible in comparison to a cheaper iems. There are people who would totally pay thousands for a re-shell of their favorite iems into a custom one.....and EX1000 is often done by that

But I actually was never any fan for in ears stuff. The Z1R intrigues me, and also the M9. I got the M9 here, and it sounds great! If Z1R barely sound better and in tradeoff for a worse fitting and comfortability, then I would just keep the M9
So yeah... What is the logic if the person thinks both things are equally about the same but is happy buying the more expensive ones or is happy why it's same as the cheaper ones the person already has.Am I missing something here or not reading the thin lines?

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #4,375 of 15,276
ex1000 is amazing
if properly driven
in my opinion it matches
today's flagships
If Sony was to release a MK2 version of the EX1000 today at 3-4 times the price of the original, people would still buy it, presume Sony made no alterations from the original, people would still say it sound different.:ksc75smile:

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #4,376 of 15,276

I actually prefer the M9 over the Z1R, at least it fit comfortable in my ear while the Z1R just keeps falling off. and also, the M9 sounds great.

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #4,377 of 15,276
Aug 10, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #4,378 of 15,276
So yeah... What is the logic if the person thinks both things are equally about the same but is happy buying the more expensive ones or is happy why it's same as the cheaper ones the person already has.Am I missing something here or not reading the thin lines?

Of all the basic laws of nature, diminishing returns is the cruellest.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #4,379 of 15,276

Excuse.me sir, but to me the fittings of the IER-Z1R are pretty good, for.me, it never falls down, i had this USB stick fitting IEMs (XBA A3, H3, Z5) with these I couldn't get an right fit always had to refit because they.moved and seal broke or fell off.

I tried the FA7 from.fiio with the Sony silicone tips size MS and because the FA7 is a closed back it created a vacuum inside.my ear canal that made removal painful, that's a no go for.me

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #4,380 of 15,276
Excuse.me sir, but to me the fittings of the IER-Z1R are pretty good, for.me, it never falls down

Yeah a lot of people have said that they forget that they are wearing them like 30 seconds after they put them in so they do fit a lot of people perfectly... just not me atm..
I had a 1 hour listening session last night and my ears are still hurting today :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back