SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #4,381 of 15,276
I've put my fiio FA7 for sale, I had never done before, having to put a brand neu iem.for sale so quickly.

Disappointing sound quality all congested, stuffy, veiled sound

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4,384 of 15,276
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #4,385 of 15,276
How do your IER-M9 sound with classical music? The IER-Z1R are just fantastic
I think it is better suite for modern pop and EDM rather than classical :). Matter of facts, I still don’t think that any iems can fully capture the essences being of classical and organic instruments as well portraited out as any open back headphones would, certainly not at the level of Hd800s and or my Stax. However, I have come to accept that IEMs are good for on the go and laying in bed while slamming out music without bothering the person next to me.

So, here I come....waiting for ier-Z1R

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #4,386 of 15,276
I think it is better suite for modern pop and EDM rather than classical :). Matter of facts, I still don’t think that any iems can fully capture the essences being of classical and organic instruments as well portraited out as any open back headphones would, certainly not at the level of Hd800s and or my Stax. However, I have come to accept that IEMs are good for on the go and laying in bed while slamming out music without bothering the person next to me.

So, here I come....waiting for ier-Z1R
Your getting the IER? Lol

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #4,387 of 15,276
I think I saw Effect Audio to be producing a $7,999 IEMS soon .... LOL! You want to get into that ?

EA & Empire had their $6800 King Arthur (~$9000 local) recently. It got universally canned, and my local distributor ended up cancelling/refunding all orders.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #4,389 of 15,276
Yeah, I do need to be able to lay in bed listening to music rather than being on the couch alone or in another room....lol
:gs1000smile:
Congratulations!

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #4,391 of 15,276
Hahaha, was there ever any reasons for that ?

But let me just say this one point “welcome back Sony!”

Something about it being not satisfactory for sale I think.

I didn’t get an opportunity to audition it since it was already gone by then, but someone I know told me to compare it side by side with the Westone B30/B50. Which, considering that the King Arthur is, or rather was, 10x the price, isn’t a good sign.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #4,394 of 15,276
Great sound performances have to start somewhere, and that is the level of engineerings.

All Sony signature products are the determination of how great and capable Sony is as an industry giant. Sony is back!

The ability to engineer DMP-Z1 and it components are marvelous

The ability to produce their own BA drivers for IER lines and Z1R are also crazy

Most importantly is the price. None of them are over priced if you considered all the R&D, the machinery and equipments, labor forces that is needed in order to produce products for a very “niche market” uniquely by themselves are amazingly priced.

So, with both pricing and engineering aside, the only thing left is Sound signatures. However, the people will come to realize that everything will begin with engineerings :wink:. This puts a disruptive halt to many other companies who is out to ripping people off from their wallets.

I really am seeing only 4 giants are sticking to real engineering and performances: Stax, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony.....and coincidentally they have the “S” as their initial. For Chinese companies, I am seeing a great competitive market, but with Ibasso leading the customer services and developing & engineering point

Eventually, those that Thrives on the burst of this market will wither and die (bankruptcies) or being taken over by other companies. The only remaining will be those who are aiming toward the enthusiasms, the sustainable market in the long terms, and you better believe that Neither of those “S” mentioned are going to be left out anytime soon

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #4,395 of 15,276

Users who are viewing this thread

Back