SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,549 of 15,280
Has there been comment on how the ier-z1r pairs with mojo?

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #1,550 of 15,280
Mine arrived this afternoon. Initial impressions...

-For those who care, the packaging is indeed very nice
-Weight & size is definitely not an issue - very comfortable in my small ears using "ss" tips. More comfortable than HiFiMan RE2000 which is roughly same size
-Hybrid silicone rubber tips provide better seal & fit than the "triple comfort" tips
-As of now it's a bit brighter than I prefer and more so than what I would have expected compared to its full-sized sibling
-Yes, the soundstage is quite wide
-Didn't like it paired with my ZX2, it gets better with WMZ1 and TA-ZH1ES with balanced cable, but in these early stages it's pairing fantastically with my McIntosh MHA100 streaming Tidal

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #1,551 of 15,280
Mine arrived this afternoon. Initial impressions...

-For those who care, the packaging is indeed very nice
-Weight & size is definitely not an issue - very comfortable in my small ears using "ss" tips. More comfortable than HiFiMan RE2000 which is roughly same size
-Hybrid silicone rubber tips provide better seal & fit than the "triple comfort" tips
-As of now it's a bit brighter than I prefer and more so than what I would have expected compared to its full-sized sibling
-Yes, the soundstage is quite wide
-Didn't like it paired with my ZX2, it gets better with WMZ1 and TA-ZH1ES with balanced cable, but in these early stages it's pairing fantastically with my McIntosh MHA100 streaming Tidal
Re2000 aint bright and thin sounding ?

Mar 16, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #1,553 of 15,280
Yes, I almost invariably will choose a DD over a BA. DDs in general just come across as more natural sounding to me, and honestly not merely for bass, but more so in the treble regions. Take these impressions seriously in as much as you can trust the ephemeral memory of someone having an also ephemeral experience with them in a loud environment. Studies show that our memory is malleable, and that we actually change it every time we revisit it. Nevertheless, enough with the disclaimers! I shall proceed with a stunning recollection.

The clarity on the Sony IER-Z1R (Just love typing that without looking at the keyboard) was superb in so much that I perceived a blackness, or air around the instruments, and you will be able to tell each instrument very distinctly from the others via location/depth and correctness in timbre. I certainly heard more detail and layering in these than I recall hearing with the Shure KSE 1500. This leads me to the next statement. They present details like an electrostatic headphone, way more than you've ever heard, but in an effortless way. You will be able to hear loud and soft sounds within the sound field simultaneously, indicating a high dynamic range, and it's all done without working a sweat. Also critical and important to me is decays. The decays on this IEM are very natural. They are not artificially cut short to sound clean. The Sony doesn't need that trick to sound clear. You will hear the natural progression of a note from it's appearance to disappearance within the blackness. A lot of these aforementioned attributes, I suspect, add up to creating an IEM that impressed me not just for vastness in width and depth of its soundstage, but in it's forward projection, and convincing realism.

Yep, the Sony can be described with the elusive term musical. I heard no muddy bass, nor recessed mids.

I have not heard the Z5s. One nitpick I had with the Sony IEM was that it kept becoming loose in my ears, and I continually had to rotate and twist them for a secure fit. Once in they were comfortable, but with a loose fit the sound lost body and treble became sightly tinny. I think it's because my ears are quite small, and I used them with Medium sized tips, so couldn't properly sit them for too long. I usually wear small for all my IEMs.
This is very interesting to read.. I was wondering how its possible that Shure kse1500 has lesser music details than sony ier... maybe your memory was playing tricks on you? do you have the same impression nowadays? thanks

Mar 16, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,555 of 15,280
Mar 16, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #1,557 of 15,280
The AK or the Sony I didn't decided yet, that's why I am asking it, what was your impression?
Bass nice, fit nice, mids soso, sounded unclear, and treble rounded, not exyended as say the JVC 10000.

Mar 16, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #1,559 of 15,280
but that is your impression the ierz1r with the sp1000cu or your general impression ? Thank you
Z1r, Lotoo Touch, Cayin N8 , Hugo 2/Uapp.

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,560 of 15,280
Not yet available in Germany yet, went to a. Sony shop in Berlin and none to be seen, yes I saw the DMP-1z, to be big and heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back