SONY IER-Z1R
May 22, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #2,836 of 15,264
I already placed my preorder with accessory jack, 1557€
That's a great deal. I'm not familiar with this shop, any downside ordering from them? Do they ship from within the EU?

May 22, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,838 of 15,264
They do ship to the EU but not from within the EU. They ship from Hong Kong if i recall correctly.

And i dont think they have european warranty

May 22, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,839 of 15,264
That's a great deal. I'm not familiar with this shop, any downside ordering from them? Do they ship from within the EU?
They ship from Hong Kong, I will write another email that the shop owner to make an invoice for 500€, the limit for Germany.

The shop currently shows as unavailable , backordered for 14 days, I wrote to Johny and he told me I could place my preorder

May 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,840 of 15,264
They do ship to the EU but not from within the EU. They ship from Hong Kong if i recall correctly.

And i dont think they have european warranty
that's correct in case of fault you should ship back to them and they will take care to make the deal with sony

May 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #2,841 of 15,264
They ship from Hong Kong, I will write another email that the shop owner to make an invoice for 500€, the limit for Germany.

The shop currently shows as unavailable , backordered for 14 days, I wrote to Johny and he told me I could place my preorder

stereo.com.sg

Very fast free shipping, $1730 price if you create an account, apparently right now you get a free Nano Black Label too. Highly recommended. Multiple of us bought from there.

PS

Alejandro by Lady Gaga, her voice doesn't sound present.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,843 of 15,264
I would agree with all your points though I’m completely amazed at the soundstage width. I wonder why someone would question the soundstage width? Though there is also a thickness front to back that may skew the perception of width. Best width of soundstage came from desktop amplification in my experience, so I believe it’s partially due to source?

What desktop stuff are you using? Keep in mind this is primarily portable so that doesn't align with intended use. I wasn't aware that the DX220 with amp8 is supposed to be narrow (and I don't recall the ZX300 being any wider at all), but I'm trying the free version of Fidelizer Purist ROM for the DX220 (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and to my surprise it has a serious effect on soundstage. Amusingly it sounds like it takes some of the depth and puts it on the sides, expanding width. I have no clue how this happens and neither does anyone else when they hear this ROM effecting changes in sound, which another software person even claims shouldn't be possible. Anyway, this improves separation and makes soundstage width satisfactory, at least as far as my monkey-ass has been conditioned. I don't know why people on this forum insist on being gobsmacked by things but sure, this is good enough. Not sure I'd single out depth as much anymore though. Very curious. Think I might have to fork over $100 to try the paid version. smh One day people will look back on these years and consider them the dark days.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 22, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #2,844 of 15,264
Has it been published what frequency ranges are played through each driver? I read somewhere that the big DD is full range, but nothing about the other two.

May 22, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #2,845 of 15,264
F2C81DB6-8D57-4C8D-959C-3FAAD9F84A7F.jpeg

The Sony TA-ZH1ES.
What desktop stuff are you using? Keep in mind this is primarily portable so that doesn't align with intended use. I wasn't aware that the DX220 with amp8 is supposed to be narrow (and I don't recall the ZX300 being any wider at all), but I'm trying the free version of Fidelizer Purist ROM for the DX220 (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and to my surprise it has a serious effect on soundstage. Amusingly it sounds like it takes some of the depth and puts it on the sides, expanding width. I have no clue how this happens and neither does anyone else when they hear this ROM effecting changes in sound, which another software person even claims shouldn't be possible. Anyway, this improves separation and makes soundstage width satisfactory, at least as far as my monkey-ass has been conditioned. I don't know why people on this forum insist on being gobsmacked by things but sure, this is good enough. Not sure I'd single out depth as much anymore though. Very curious. Think I might have to fork over $100 to try the paid version. smh One day people will look back on these years and consider them the dark days.

When you grow up you stop playing with your dongle and move on to better things, not to mention this is premature elation as your iems have no burn-in. Tell him Redcarmoose.

May 22, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #2,848 of 15,264
@Redcarmoose What makes the WM1Z better than the A?
The 1Z offers different case material, internal wiring and resistors. The difference in sound is that there is a more V shape also the soundstage is dramatically changed; where musical information is both more upfront yet wider and thicker. The treble has slightly more detail inside this broader soundstage and the bass ends thicker too. Still at times it is on the edge with the IER-Z1R as the 1A offers a tighter and controlled bass. The 1Z adds qualities that the IER-Z1R already has..........kind-of doubling up on the IER-Z1R sound

May 22, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #2,850 of 15,264
Sounds on topic to me. So is the IER-Z1R with the WM1Z like Dr. Dre on his way to a drive-by shooting? You hear the bass down the block or whatever.

It’s to the point that maybe someone would choose the 1A on certain genres and the 1Z for others? Maybe?

Still....
Believe it or not I just grab which ever DAP is close and plug the IER-Z1Rs in. Anything is enjoyable. I actually enjoy $12 IEMs out of an IPod? ........getting into the music?

Knowing this community, I would say there will be folks very adamant about the 1Z or 1A being better and only ONE DAP as preference for the IER-Z1R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back