SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,531 of 15,264
Got sick of the treble, turn the high gain on, put the volume to 102 and let my WM1A running for 3 days, the treble driver takes a long time to open up. The sounds is more like the one I heard the first time. Be patient guy.

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #1,532 of 15,264
Got sick of the treble, turn the high gain on, put the volume to 102 and let my WM1A running for 3 days, the treble driver takes a long time to open up. The sounds is more like the one I heard the first time. Be patient guy.
Or BRAIN burn in.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #1,534 of 15,264
I have not tried the Z1R, but I do hope they meet the very high expectations that I got from reading Crinacle's reviews.

So far, in terms of the new TOTL hybrids, the Solaris doesn't give me the wow factor when I listen to them (coming from Andro user). The Jomo Trinity brass, on the other hand are imo a clear upgrade from the Andros in every way, from the bass to the mids. The jump from Andro to Trinity felt like the jump from my 300dollors iems to andro. I hope the Z1R can give me the same feeling I get when I listen to the Trinity
Totally agree with you on the count of both the Solaris and Trinity. I presently have the Trinity Brass, Solaris, and the JVC FW10000 all in one place and in all honesty I most likely will pick up the Z1R soon and then let go of one or two of them from the list. The only other iems I am interested in auditioning after this is the Noble Khan.

I do believe that the Z1R can benefit from and scale up with increased amping and I like the new crop of high power daps like the LPGT and the N8.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #1,535 of 15,264
Totally agree with you on the count of both the Solaris and Trinity. I presently have the Trinity Brass, Solaris, and the JVC FW10000 all in one place and in all honesty I most likely will pick up the Z1R soon and then let go of one or two of them from the list. The only other iems I am interested in auditioning after this is the Noble Khan.

I do believe that the Z1R can benefit from and scale up with increased amping and I like the new crop of high power daps like the LPGT and the N8.
Good luck

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #1,536 of 15,264
My take is that even though the Z1R can be driven by smart phones and most daps, it will only sound best with good power and a long burn in

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #1,537 of 15,264
I keep looking for ways to describe the differences between the Solaris and the Z1R in terms of their high mid/treble. they are obviously two very different phones with different arrangement and tuning. They do have their similarities and differences. I have described both as lacking in high mid/treble—meaning both needing a little more air and sparkle in that range. It just came to me if I may use an analogy to describe the difference for both in this area. With the Z1R it is like you are listening to Pavarotti and he may not have the female soprano’s sparkly treble but you are listening to a genuine character it is who he is or how he sings. But with the Solaris, it is like listening to Pavarotti when he sings with a cold or congestion. This impression came particularly strong after listening to the Trinity for two weeks and immediately switching to Solaris.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #1,538 of 15,264
I keep looking for ways to describe the differences between the Solaris and the Z1R in terms of their high mid/treble. they are obviously two very different phones with different arrangement and tuning. They do have their similarities and differences. I have described both as lacking in high mid/treble—meaning both needing a little more air and sparkle in that range. It just came to me if I may use an analogy to describe the difference for both in this area. With the Z1R it is like you are listening to Pavarotti and he may not have the female soprano’s sparkly treble but you are listening to a genuine character it is who he is or how he sings. But with the Solaris, it is like listening to Pavarotti when he sings with a cold or congestion. This impression came particularly strong after listening to the Trinity for two weeks and immediately switching to Solaris.

If you’re looking for something with more upper mids, Trinity SS might do the trick. I think it’s supposed to have more higher frequency emphasis than the Trinity Brass?

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #1,539 of 15,264
Who has the IER-Z1R for sale now? Anyone? Thanks.

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #1,541 of 15,264
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #1,542 of 15,264
Woo Audio had them but I think I got the last one. More in stock by the end of the month.
Mine also shipped out, and arrives next monday.

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #1,544 of 15,264
Used another eartip for audition and sound became more balanced, so it was not the m0 or lack of driving power. Short story: bought one, deal maker was the excellent fit on my large ears.

They fit so good. As it’s strange as they don’t look like they would fit as good as they do. You can slighly feel the weight. But, considering how heavy they are in your hand; it’s wild how nice they fit? IMO.

Congratulations. Fill us in on your perspectives, when ready!

They are relatively easy to drive, and don’t get a bad signature from low power, but they truly upscale with better sources like you would want them to. IMO

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,545 of 15,264
99872950-43D0-4B8D-A09A-4364638A0554.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back