Sony Hyrbrid tips improve just about any IEM
Jul 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 34
Shipping kind of kills the deal on Amazon. It is funny how the Best Buy description indicates 3 pairs and the picture clearly shows 4. The pack I bought from Best Buy had 4 pairs.

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #18 of 34
i just bought the cheapest new ones off Amazon for $8 shipped sorry :D

swinging by Best Buy after work to peep what they have in stock

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 34
I find them unmatched in terms of fit, but the narrow nozzle cuts the highs a bit on the RE0.

I'm using some fake double flange Sennheiser tips that are very comfortable, fit reasonably well and make the highs stand out even more. Still trying to decide wether that's a good or a bad thing :)

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 34
so i burned my new RE0s in for 30ish hours and just put the green Sony hybrid tips on listening to lossless FLAC on my D2+ right now omg

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 34
I think the key to the Sony hybrids (and the fakes, because that's what I have) is that they are made of fairly thick materail, causing them to fit almost like foam olives.  The rubber/silicone of most other tips are very thin and flimsy and to do not form fit the inside of the ear canal as well.  I get the fit and seal like the olives, but not the darkening/treble loss of the olives.

Here's what I have off ebay.  These are copies (notice color differences), but for the small price you have 4 sets of the right size for you, which ever size you need.  Sometimes I use a small on my left ear and medium on right due to ear size difference.

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #24 of 34
Jul 14, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #26 of 34
No, they're about the same in terms of isolation.

I meant "more open" as in with a wider nozzle. The Hybrids have a narrower tube for the sound to pass through, narrower than the RE0 themselves.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #27 of 34
Just purchased the set of 4 at Best Buy for $8.99+tax. It takes a bit of coercing these tips to get them to fit on Denon AH-CH551's, but once you do they fit very snug and will not fall off. I thought my denons had a good seal before, but was I wrong. These instantly tighten up the bass because of the great fit they provide. Good find! 
etysmile.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #28 of 34
Sony Hybrids really are great tips, but it does also depend on your IEM. For example, several have said Hybrids aren't the best with the HJE900 because they congest the soundstage and imaging a bit and make them kind of warmer than they need to be, because of the smaller aperture. Headphones slightly on the colder or more treble focused sound would probably benefit more from them than others.

However in terms of fit and isolation, they are unrivaled by any single-flanged silicone tips I've tried, and they can match up to some multi-flanges in terms of isolation. They are definitely more comfortable than those, too.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #29 of 34
Thanks for the eBay link, I ordered 2 pairs of small tips and 7 pairs of medium from that guy.

I've never, ever been able to fit a large tip into my ear so I'm hoping the Sony tips don't run small and make me require a large. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #30 of 34
I really preferred the Sony hybrids on my X10s.  I really enjoy the Klispch tips, but the hybrid tips were more comfortable and I think the bass was a little more solid with the hybrids.  I also got a better seal with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back