Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Sep 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #242 of 2,773
Quote:
These headphones look awesome! Wish they had done the same thing with the MA series instead of making it out of flimsy plastic. I'm guessing these are meant to be for portable use? I want something for home listening

Well, this series uses the same amount of plastic as the MA900. It may even use less metal, since the headband section on the MA900 is magnesium whereas the visible headband chrome accents on the MDR-1R are plastic.

The MDR-1R is definitely more chunky feeling, but I don't know if that actually translates to better durability.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #243 of 2,773
Being already very happy with the Z1000. I can only imagine how much more happier I'll be with the 1R, given a_recording's positive impressions. I hope they're offered at a discount on amazon for $250~ish. That'll be a great price for them. I already have them in my cart.

Anyone know the official release date on these?

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #245 of 2,773
Quote:

Well, this series uses the same amount of plastic as the MA900. It may even use less metal, since the headband section on the MA900 is magnesium whereas the visible headband chrome accents on the MDR-1R are plastic.

The MDR-1R is definitely more chunky feeling, but I don't know if that actually translates to better durability.

The NC version uses some metal (aluminium?) housing for the cups, whereas the 1R and bluetooth uses (ABS?)plastic.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #249 of 2,773
Quote:

Nobody forced you to click that link. Or this. Keep on topic.

i never clicked on the link but it bugs me that this is the only thread you linked your thread for more than two times (you edited the other one) yet you never linked your thread in other headphones listed in that thread, or only once. never saw any links as well in your favorite m100 thread as well.

your post is somewhat off-topic as well, you just put something 1R related and linked your thread lol..

maybe its better to put the in your sig or something. just suggesting =)

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #250 of 2,773
Quote:
The NC version uses some metal (aluminium?) housing for the cups, whereas the 1R and bluetooth uses (ABS?)plastic.

Is that the case? Hmm... I didn't get a sense that the NC model was made out of anything different when I held / wore it, but I could be wrong. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #251 of 2,773
Quote:

lol well they sure look like metal.  At least they are chunkier than the Ma series. Have you already had a chance to listen to them? Would you say they are suitable for gaming? I.e wide soundstage (for a closed headphone) and comfortable for a couple of hours a use? I get the impression because the drivers and housing is small compared to most full sized headphones the sound will be smaller and more in your face. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #253 of 2,773
Two cables are provided- one with iDevice controls and one with controls for Android devices (i.e. non-iDevices controls.)

For the US or Japan model?

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #254 of 2,773
i never clicked on the link but it bugs me that this is the only thread you linked your thread for more than two times (you edited the other one) yet you never linked your thread in other headphones listed in that thread, or only once. never saw any links as well in your favorite m100 thread as well.

your post is somewhat off-topic as well, you just put something 1R related and linked your thread lol..

maybe its better to put the in your sig or something. just suggesting =)
Thing is, I have posted in ALL the other threads for all I the headphones on that list. Every single one that has an appreciation thread, I posted in twice.
But I will put it in my sig once I'm available to do so. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #255 of 2,773
Quote:

Is that the case? Hmm... I didn't get a sense that the NC model was made out of anything different when I held / wore it, but I could be wrong. 

Yes, the NC version has some kind of metal housing for the cups for the 1R and 1RBT are plastic. We asked the designer why the BT wasn't (which turned out to be a silly question) cos of BT transmission naturally. But failed to ask why the 1R wasn't metal since there's no wireless that needs to be transmitted there. Having said that, I'm not so concerned about the 1R being made out of plastic. It's actually very light and feels very comfortable on the head. They're only 240g. (strangely in the presentation made to us, I could have sworn that it said 230g but for some reason on the Sony UK website, it says 240g...oh well).

Edit: It is 231g :-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back