Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Aug 1, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #406 of 2,544
Do you have the link to the 10-pack?

Thanks!

What is this cable mod they speak of? The white stock cable is ridiculous with one ear short and the other the length of a q-tip.

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #409 of 2,544
What is this cable mod they speak of? The white stock cable is ridiculous with one ear short and the other the length of a q-tip.

If you don’t like the short stock cable (which was originally designed to use with the Sony Bluetooth adapter clipped to your shirt), there’s 3 main options:

1. Buy a male-female aux extension, and plug it into the stock cable. This requires no skills, no soldering, is reversible, and inexpensive.

2. Buy a DIY cable and ‘recable’ the MH755. This involves taking apart the MH755 shell, desoldering the stock cable, and soldering on the new cable. This requires soldering equipment and skill, and you run the risk of damaging the driver by overheating it, as well as soldering the new cable our if phase. The cost varies depending on the new cable you buy.

3. Buy mmcx connectors and replacing the cable with a mmcx socket. This involves opening the MH755 shell, desoldering the stock cable, modding the stock shell to accept the mmcx socket, soldering the mmcx socket, etc. The cost varies depending on the mmcx socket and cable you buy, and just like recabling, you run the risk of damaging the driver, soldering it out of phase, screwing up the mmcx socket, etc. The skill involved depends on your general skill level, soldering equipment and abilities, general aptitude for such things, etc.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #411 of 2,544
Appreciate it man! Here i go

Some of ours are from mini-coin28 as well. They arrived quickly. He only had the green and the orange. Because I also wanted the pink and the yellow I used an Australian seller for those. All have been legit. We have seen the drivers while recabling.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #412 of 2,544
Some of ours are from mini-coin28 as well. They arrived quickly. He only had the green and the orange. Because I also wanted the pink and the yellow I used an Australian seller for those. All have been legit. We have seen the drivers while recabling.

Does anyone do recabling in Medway or in Kent? Im thinking of directly shipping it to them then have them posted to me once they are recabled.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #413 of 2,544
Does anyone do recabling in Medway or in Kent? Im thinking of directly shipping it to them then have them posted to me once they are recabled.

Maybe you should listen to them first and make sure you like them. Get a 0.5m extension cable and have it ready.

Wow... seems all the short white extension cables are gone from Amazon UK... I wonder if it is because of the MH755s

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FQK7QHO/ref=psdc_1098227031_t3_B075V3V858

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075V3V858/ref=psdc_1098227031_t2_B00FQK7QHO

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #414 of 2,544
Just got mine in the mail from Kanoya. Definitely impressed with these. Vocals are great for the price, but more recessed than i'm used due to the Final E2000/ATH MSR7 that are my daily drivers. Bass is present, clean, and punchy it'll be great to use in the gym for nu-metal, EDM, and rock music

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #415 of 2,544

I probably bought them from mini-coin28 because you posted a link in another thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #417 of 2,544
Re-cabling still the best bet for the MH755? I have a few extra KZ cables lying around. Just gotta trim the strain relief of the sony? Is it easy to tell which wires on the kz are ground etc?

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #420 of 2,544
Is the MH755 the earphone that is included with the Sony SBH20 Bluetooth headset? In my recent foray into IEMs, this ultra-budget headset kept coming across my radar, and I realized I had several that looked just like these from the SBH20 Bluetooth adapters I bought back in the day to clip to my over-the-ear headphones to make them wireless sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back