Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #391 of 2,546
Yeah +1 to this. I read that most of the black ones are fakes. A legit seller for these will be good to know.

I got a black one from someone who supposedly sells genuine ones, and I received a fake.

I’ve personally given up trying to find a genuine black one. I’m perfectly happy with my genuine white ones, which were very reliable to source.

If I really want a black one at this point, I’m going to pop out the drivers from a genuine white pair and make my black ones ‘genuine’ that way.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #392 of 2,546
Yes it is but we had a 10 pack (he makes a lot of earbuds). Maybe you can find a pack of one or two. I have noticed we have a lot more choice buying in bulk. The purple one was from a pack of five. The others were available individually. Always looking for more....

Here is a closer picture of the other one that we did with that cable. Put the Sony tag on that one. I kind of wish we had done it with the others.

I think this might be it on ali... for just one cable. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921527448.html

10311708.jpg

Do you have the link to the 10-pack?

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #393 of 2,546
Do you have the link to the 10-pack?

Thanks!

@HungryPanda should be able to find it in his orders but maybe will have to wait until tomorrow night when he gets home from work...unless he can do it from his phone.

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #394 of 2,546
I got a black one from someone who supposedly sells genuine ones, and I received a fake.

I’ve personally given up trying to find a genuine black one. I’m perfectly happy with my genuine white ones, which were very reliable to source.

If I really want a black one at this point, I’m going to pop out the drivers from a genuine white pair and make my black ones ‘genuine’ that way.

Guess I'll just have to find the bt receiver to get a real one

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #395 of 2,546

The genuine black one is on the ER2SE tour. One of the memebers donated it, and he got it with the bluetooth device. That will most certainly guarantee genuine black, if you purchase a BT receiver that is. The problem is that it would cost a bit to purchase the BT receiver compared to how much the earphones go for standalone.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #396 of 2,546
The genuine black one is on the ER2SE tour. One of the memebers donated it, and he got it with the bluetooth device. That will most certainly guarantee genuine black, if you purchase a BT receiver that is. The problem is that it would cost a bit to purchase the BT receiver compared to how much the earphones go for standalone.

Eh, I’m not prepared to go to that level of expense. I don’t need the black color that bad. Perhaps if the Sony BT receiver was current technology I would (BT 5.0, AAC, aptX, etc).

Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy with my white ones.

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #397 of 2,546
Eh, I’m not prepared to go to that level of expense. I don’t need the black color that bad. Perhaps if the Sony BT receiver was current technology I would (BT 5.0, AAC, aptX, etc).

Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy with my white ones.

I saw from @SilverEars graph that the genuine black MH755 has a slightly different sound signature from the white ones though (black has more bass and warmer signature).

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #398 of 2,546
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #400 of 2,546
Kinda makes me want to try it since I would like a bit more midbass from my mh755
No, it doesn't have more mid-bass, it's the opposite, subs climbs higher. I actually want to reduce the subs a bit on the white MH755. Try the AKG Samsung one if you want mid-bass. You will get harder impact (not if you drive it from a weak sauce source like a phone).

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #401 of 2,546
I highly recommend you guys try out the AKG Samsung iem that comes with Galaxy phones. Model # EO-IG955

This is another star, and I think it's technically better as well.

This store sells the genuine ones. (for @mbwilson111 too!) https://www.ebay.com/usr/webbuysource?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

If you drive these iems hard enough, they will sound really good.

They seem to be out of stock. I probably wouldn't not want to pay the $60 shipping to the UK, LOL!

I forgot to mention that my husband had them with a Samsung phone..came with one driver dead. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #402 of 2,546
I saw from @SilverEars graph that the genuine black MH755 has a slightly different sound signature from the white ones though (black has more bass and warmer signature).

Yes, the black is tuned slightly different. Why Sony did that I don’t know. It may have not even been intentional. It’s possible that each color was made in a separate factory, and minor variances translated to tubing differences.

If I had to guess I’d say there’s an air gap on the black vs white one acting as a bass vent. Most likely around the wire strain relief. But that’s just a hunch and/or educated guess.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #403 of 2,546
lI actually want to reduce the subs a bit on the white MH755.

Just seal up any of the following spots with tape, glue, etc:

C4AA1009-D63C-4DD4-812F-31B0C60845C6.png

All of the spots circled are where air can leak, and they all act as bass vents. Playing around with sealing them up to varying degrees will do what you want (lower the sub bass).

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #404 of 2,546
No, it doesn't have more mid-bass, it's the opposite, subs climbs higher. I actually want to reduce the subs a bit on the white MH755. Try the AKG Samsung one if you want mid-bass. You will get harder impact (not if you drive it from a weak sauce source like a phone).

I have the samsung one from the S9 and find that it's pretty good. I mostly use it for the gym, etc. Also, probably my misunderstanding on the mid-bass part. I think I got confused with the black MH750 which I hear has more mid bass.

Aug 1, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #405 of 2,546

Users who are viewing this thread

Back