1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. markanini
    It's possible to aproximate it by tuning the venting. @yuriv posted some graphs a while ago.

2. SilverEars
    Slater likes this.
  3. markanini
    It's possible to get a steeper rise toward the bass if you read on near the end of that post. Excessively scooped mids is a super common issue with IEMs, even more so than excessive bass. EQ is a good option to solve these issue besides physical mods. It's worse when a IEM has issues in the treble range, EQ cant really deal with that. Adding damping materials only works if you're really lucky, you either sacrifice fit or the material ends up affecting a too large range of frequencies. Sony MH755's combination of sound quality and convenience makes it unique in any price range. Smooth and detailed enough in the treble range, takes EQ very well and has a convenient cable length for wireless shirt clip receivers that last all day on a charge. I dont even bother looking for boutique alternatives at this point.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    baskingshark and HungryPanda like this.
  4. pbui44
    Well...yes, no, and it really depends on what “boutique alternatives” mean to you.

The MH755 does offer great neutral sound quality and wonderful fit at any price range. However, the J-cable configuration (left side is shorter than the right side) really makes it just a part of the Bluetooth receiver that it was designed to attach and play. In regards to “boutique alternatives”, I feel that anything with neutral sound signature counts and I don’t even think about buying a Tin HiFi (or Audio) T2 or T3. In regards to comparing the MH755 to a “boutique alternative” with a v-shaped sound, like my KZ ZSA, the ZSA wins overall from the 2-pin configuration and metal build and I owned prefer a v-shaped sound for certain genres.

With that said, I am soooo glad I bought two sets of the MH755. Let’s see how much neutral sound quality these really have. :)

Otto Motor likes this.
  5. SilverEars
    Received a fake set of MH750. It was too obvious when I heard it. Just look at the bass. If you get a fake one on Ebay, just report it, and the seller will have to refund you. I got it from this seller, so avoid. https://www.ebay.com/usr/pin633?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Just out of curiosity, anybody have good tips for avoiding seller that have fake items? Somethings that are observable?

FAKE MH755.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Slater
    Wow, that’s like strapping subwoofers to your ears lol

7. SilverEars
    Actually the real one is the woofer. Lol. It doesn't really sound that strong like the way the graph shows though, but very subby sounding (the genuine black MH755).

Slater likes this.
  8. Slater
    Oh, I see. So the fake is the one with the big roll off.

My guess is that they didn’t glue around the perimeter of the driver, nor use a double-sided sticky foam driver seal in the front of the driver.

The fake MH755s I’ve seen just have the driver rattling around loose in the shell. No seal = no low end.

9. SilverEars
    I can't speak for all fakes would be like this because Yuriv posted fakes ones that looked different from mine. I don't recall any bass roll-off, but messy upper frequencies.

Yuriv's fake was 755 I think, and mine is 750 fake.

Slater likes this.
  10. HAMS
    Might be not really fake. Mids and highs looks similar. Probably the rear vent get glued and completely sealed.

11. Tawek
    what do you think
    which combo is more impressive :)
    Iphone 4 + Sony mh1c = (30 $) or Sony wm1z + Obravo ra -c-cu ? :) 20190514_090135.jpg 20190719_205439.jpg

12. Otto Motor
    My thoughts of the Sony MH755. Not sponsored. No balderdash. Blog only.

[​IMG]

ShakyJake, HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  13. jant71
    Maybe not cheap at first but we all know it will be before long...
    MH755 upgrade? STH50C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Earphone that enjoys high res high quality sound at reasonable price with Type-C direct connection
    ● We can enjoy high res using high quality driver and DAC

■ We reproduce colorful music by driver unit of small size of 9.7mm although high sensitivity

■ High sound quality D / A converter (equivalent to SBH90C) corresponding to high resolution reproduction of 192kHz / 24bit

■ Beat response control to enable sharp bass reproduction

■ We play delicate sound with little spread of sound, firm bass, noise with independent ground cable

■ We realize high wearing characteristics and high sound quality with hybrid earpiece

■ We cope with reproduction stop of music and start of voice assistant by remote control button operation

Of course not quite the same as they went to C connection with a DAC

14. Slater
    What’s the 2 things in the back of the shell in that X-ray style marketing image? It looks like a big screw and a crossover board? But I doubt that’s what it really is.

It can’t be the DAC chip, as those are usually integrated into the type C plug body.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  15. Otto Motor
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    HungryPanda likes this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last