Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Feb 17, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #272 of 471
Want want want!

Sony, please bring this to the U.S.A.!
P1020565.jpg

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #276 of 471
  • IMG_20180803_164731.jpg

For those who are interested and are based in Hong Kong, Sony Justears has officially released one of its CIEM models with three preset tuned settings from monitor, club and listening at a cost of HKD 16888 total cost, and a turn around time is about two months.

• All molds will be sent to Japan to be done, if you require them modify the mold, sony will only allow you to do this once free of charge, otherwise there will be extra charge, and they stated it won't be cheap.

• You can try them out only at the CWB store.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #277 of 471
Yes, ordered mine two weeks ago, and made my ear mold last week. The ear mold must be done by Sony authorised doctor, and she will use the special device provided by Sony to make the mold.

The HKD16888 already included the ear mold, so you don't need to pay at the doctor.

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #278 of 471
I'm considering it as well, the monitor version, but my ears is very shallow, it might not fit well, even if it's custom made, they look so big, I will try it out at the CWB store first.

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #279 of 471

• For those who are interested and are based in Hong Kong, Sony Justears has officially released one of its CIEM models with three preset tuned settings from monitor, club and listening at a cost of HKD 16888 total cost, and a turn around time is about two months.

• All molds will be sent to Japan to be done, if you require them modify the mold, sony will only allow you to do this once free of charge, otherwise there will be extra charge, and they stated it won't be cheap.

• You can try them out only at the CWB store.

Demo of all three model also available at selected store : DMA Mongkok, Jaben HK, MINGO and let'sgo audio.

and you can place order too.

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #280 of 471
Demo of all three model also available at selected store : DMA Mongkok, Jaben HK, MINGO and let'sgo audio.

and you can place order too.

Thanks I will try them out, never liked jaben, DMA is alright, but never heard of the other two.

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #281 of 471
I'm opposite of you. Never liked DMA. Too noisy that I can't concentrate while trying headphone, also their staff are rude. Last year while SP1000 released, I asked if a demo available, but the staff told me : Demo? We don't have demo. You buy one if you wanna try it.

What?

In the other hand, Jaben have a much quieter space, good selection of Hi end
headphone / DAP for demo. Staff also helpful and can help me repair cable within an hour.

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #282 of 471
Every time I got to jaben they never keep there eye away from you,, it feels uncomfortable.

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #284 of 471
Apparently, I asked for a demo of a cable, they were just there standing in front of me watching, whiles in DMA, they don't just stand there watching you, it can be noisy, but you are not pressured to make a purchase. Anyway I will try one out either at the sony center or DMA, I do think it will be too big for my ears.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #285 of 471
Apparently, I asked for a demo of a cable, they were just there standing in front of me watching, whiles in DMA, they don't just stand there watching you, it can be noisy, but you are not pressured to make a purchase. Anyway I will try one out either at the sony center or DMA, I do think it will be too big for my ears.

Not sure who you got at Jaben HK but I've been a customer of theirs for ~10 years now, always had great experiences and my JE pair is on order from them. I'd recommend giving them another try as my experience has never been anything short of professional and extremely satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back