Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Oct 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #601 of 1,507
Today I met Cees at the Dutch Audio Event Talked about the new DAC Pasithea (see photo's). Due to chip shortage he ordered some different chips which turned out better than the ones in Morpheus. Good news.
Any word on price? Release date?

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #603 of 1,507
From Sonnet Facebook:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.22.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.22.03 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 31, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #604 of 1,507
Oct 31, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #609 of 1,507
Nov 1, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #611 of 1,507
I am giving this DAC strong consideration , but I guess a slight concern is the creator has already moved on to pastures new.....or old in this case.
I am currently driving my 1266 TCs with a Burson 3X Reference Amp/DAC .......so would have this for a month or so but then probably going for the Niimbus US5 Pro.
I see a lot about not using USB........as I am a novice this concerns me a little.
I have a burson conductor 3 ref myself. I am curious about the sonnet morpheus myself after reading the darko and 6 moons review of it. I was a early adopter of the ref 3 buying it directly from burson at the introductory price. I was pretty happy at the beginning but after using it awhile I was sensing a signature of a sort that I did not hear with the Burson ha-160 amp I have, I did some comparisons between the headphone amp section in the conductor 3 and the ha-160 headphone amp(with the ref 3 optioned for dac only operation) . After a pretty good contest I actually prefer the ha-160 headphone amplifier. The ha-160 sounds more analog like and does not have the electronic signature I suspect is due to the switching power supply burson uses in the conductor 3 ref. But I am thinking about trading in my Burson ref 3 for a morpheus 2.One thing I did with the conductor is I tried a a IEC corded power supply on the burson and got a noticeable improvement over the c7 corded power supply burson uses on the ref 3. I read all the stuff about how good the power supply is they provide but used my ears and that clearly showed the IEC power supply was superior. And it works fine. But as I had mentioned before I am thinking about trading up to the Morpheus. Just wish there was a dealer close to me unfortunately not. You would think in a city the size of Chicago there would be a dealer closer than Green Bay wisconsin. Oh well.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #614 of 1,507
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back