Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Nov 1, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #617 of 1,507
It would be nice to audition something before you pull the trigger on purchasing. You are relying on other peoples observations to make make your decision for you.
It's probably better to audition it with the chain you have at home. It's probably best to go with what @ken6217 recommended and reach out to the dealer and ask for a trial run.

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #619 of 1,507
I think there could be a few second hand models available when Sonnet release their new product . It tends to happen

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #620 of 1,507
FYI
1635799678545.png

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #621 of 1,507
That doesn’t answer the question per se. he is correct as that is their flagship model currently. You still don’t have the answer to is there going to be another one in six months or so, I’ll be ludicrous for him to say anything but this is our flagship model.

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #622 of 1,507
That doesn’t answer the question per se. he is correct as that is their flagship model currently. You still don’t have the answer to is there going to be another one in six months or so, I’ll be ludicrous for him to say anything but this is our flagship model.
You can say that about any product company. lol

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #626 of 1,507
For me personally, I wouldn’t buy it unless I heard it first. I used to have the Pavane Level 3, which I liked a lot. I got the Morpheus with s15 Day trial. I liked the sound but first had to get to used to the additional detail and soundstage without that typical R2R NOS thicker sound.

So I wonder what direction the Pasithea is going. More detail at the expense of a thinner sounds, or more more tonal texture?

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #627 of 1,507
Except in this case it was floated out there that there was a “Father” and a “Mother.”

Im going to hang tight and wait for Grandpa. :)
You have just described a trinity. I do not know how holy it is, but they tend to come with some strange ideas, such as three and one are really the same, not mention equal:):):)

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #628 of 1,507
The Pasithea is probably going to try to beat competitors like the Holo Mays, the Rockna Wavelights and the Mola Mola Tambaquis (okay maybe not the Tambaqui which seems to belong to a different planet in the price point department) although I am only speculating. Still, if it actually beats those two, I shall gladly opt to come out of DAC-buying retirement just to make one Pasithea my own

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #629 of 1,507
It will be hard to beat May KTE but not impossible. Even Morpheus is really close. But of course i must hear new Sonnet DAC myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back