Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Nov 5, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #647 of 1,507
They are calling their latest gen modules "SDA3", and the Pasithea uses 8 of them. Morpheus has the SDA2 and uses 4. So that's interesting in and of itself.

But also interesting is the idea that the Morpheus may be able to upgrade to SDA3 modules. I know Cees usually designs them to be modular, and I believe Morpheus is no different. No idea on whether he really intends to make this happen, let alone time frame, cost, etc, but it's potentially a great way to boost Morpheus without spending big money on a whole new DAC.
:fingers_crossed: :grin::fingers_crossed: about Morpheus being upgradeable to the SDA3 modules.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #648 of 1,507
:fingers_crossed: :grin::fingers_crossed: about Morpheus being upgradeable to the SDA3 modules.
Sadly no – check Fb page. From the 6 Moons reports power is doubled as there are double the Mods. Due to parts probs there’s been redesign/new components and power distribution. Specs revealed and some casework changes – 50deg C is a little on the warm side. 2021 looking unlikely by the looks.

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/sonnet-pasithea/2/

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #649 of 1,507
Nov 6, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #651 of 1,507
Sadly no – check Fb page. From the 6 Moons reports power is doubled as there are double the Mods. Due to parts probs there’s been redesign/new components and power distribution. Specs revealed and some casework changes – 50deg C is a little on the warm side. 2021 looking unlikely by the looks.

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/sonnet-pasithea/2/
Oh well, I am happy where I am at anyway. That was just wishful thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Nov 6, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #652 of 1,507
They are calling their latest gen modules "SDA3", and the Pasithea uses 8 of them. Morpheus has the SDA2 and uses 4. So that's interesting in and of itself.

But also interesting is the idea that the Morpheus may be able to upgrade to SDA3 modules. I know Cees usually designs them to be modular, and I believe Morpheus is no different. No idea on whether he really intends to make this happen, let alone time frame, cost, etc, but it's potentially a great way to boost Morpheus without spending big money on a whole new DAC.
I saw the new higher end dac on the website. I just bought my Morpheus and have not tried it yet. Seeing the module cards are different from those in the Morpheus and if as you said the unit is compatible with the newer modules hhhhhmmmmm!!!!!! Very interesting possibility.

Nov 6, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #653 of 1,507
I saw the new higher end dac on the website. I just bought my Morpheus and have not tried it yet. Seeing the module cards are different from those in the Morpheus and if as you said the unit is compatible with the newer modules hhhhhmmmmm!!!!!! Very interesting possibility.
Funny we are all hi fi junkies. You just buy something and have not even tried it and after you read something like a possible card upgrade you are already dreaming of performance upgrades.

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #654 of 1,507
Hello everyone. M.b. you can help me. I'm thinking about buying a DAC, I don't know which one to choose. Panave or Morpheus.
I listen to electronic music, rap, rock, hard rock, fast/electronic jazz. I love punch, bass, speed in music. Which of the DACs is better for this music? I have a niimbus us4 amp.

Nov 8, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #657 of 1,507
Hello everyone. M.b. you can help me. I'm thinking about buying a DAC, I don't know which one to choose. Panave or Morpheus.
I listen to electronic music, rap, rock, hard rock, fast/electronic jazz. I love punch, bass, speed in music. Which of the DACs is better for this music? I have a niimbus us4 amp.
I think there is a shoot out between the Panave and the morpheus on you tube. They use a pass labs 12 preamp and a stand mount focal utopia speaker fed by a bryston amp . I watched it yesterday.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #658 of 1,507
I think there is a shoot out between the Panave and the morpheus on you tube. They use a pass labs 12 preamp and a stand mount focal utopia speaker fed by a bryston amp . I watched it yesterday.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #660 of 1,507

Thanks for the post watching the one with the weiss 501 now. Kind of bummed after they referred to the Morpheus as hifi. But the weiss is quite a bit more expensive. I did hear the advantages in the second video of the weiss. But it is a plug and play solution containing what is probably a pretty decent headphone amp and a decent preamp circuit. After watching the video having second thoughts about the Morpheus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back