Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Oct 29, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #586 of 1,507
Just in case anyone else was curious:
1635520162829.png

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #588 of 1,507
google search tells me this
“In Greek mythology, Pasithea, or Pasithee, was one of the Charites, and the personification of relaxation, meditation, hallucinations and all other altered states of consciousness.”

So may be a DAC to relax and get lost in music. However I get the same from Morpheus

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #589 of 1,507
I compare Morpheus to Dave, Sagra and Holo May and i still have Morpheus.
Can you please elaborate on Morpheus vs. Holo May?
Both are on my short list of my next DAC...

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #590 of 1,507
“In Greek mythology, Pasithea, or Pasithee, was one of the Charites, and the personification of relaxation, meditation, hallucinations and all other altered states of consciousness.”

So may be a DAC to relax and get lost in music. However I get the same from
Lol, it's just a name, otherwise Schiit would have a problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope to find out more this Sunday at the Dutch Audio Event.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #591 of 1,507
I think for now the Hermes will have to wait so it would just be the Morpheus . Does this mean I would have to use USB?
I bought my Morpheus with USB input and it sounded amazing with my Liquid Platinum, Focal Arche, and 1101 White Dwarf amps. When I purchased the Sonnet Hermes, game changer in my opinion, I replaced the USB input with the I2S input and there was an improvement in the sound. The USB was not bad by any stretch of the imagination, the I2S connection opened up the sound and created space which wasn't there with the USB. If I had never replaced the USB I would have been happy, but I am thrilled with the change.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #592 of 1,507
I bought my Morpheus with USB input and it sounded amazing with my Liquid Platinum, Focal Arche, and 1101 White Dwarf amps. When I purchased the Sonnet Hermes, game changer in my opinion, I replaced the USB input with the I2S input and there was an improvement in the sound. The USB was not bad by any stretch of the imagination, the I2S connection opened up the sound and created space which wasn't there with the USB. If I had never replaced the USB I would have been happy, but I am thrilled with the change.
Yeah I think I have come to the conclusion that if I go for the Morpheus then the Hermes should also be bought, but cost prohibits this. I would also need to get a better WiFi infrastructure for the Hermes too as I do have some issues with weak Wifi so I am also currently exploring new data point and switch options

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #595 of 1,507
Can you please elaborate on Morpheus vs. Holo May?
Both are on my short list of my next DAC...

Thanks!
Just search my previous posts in this topic.
In short, i find May KTE to have better SQ but Morpheus is cheaper, have preamp and fit nicely in my desk.

Oct 31, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #596 of 1,507
PXL_20211031_101630370.jpg

PXL_20211031_101619352.jpg
PXL_20211031_094750442.jpg
PXL_20211031_095252753.jpg

Today I met Cees at the Dutch Audio Event Talked about the new DAC Pasithea (see photo's). Due to chip shortage he ordered some different chips which turned out better than the ones in Morpheus. Good news.

And...both USB and I2S connection, splendid.

8 chips instead of 4 in the Morpheus for better sound, high voltage results in sampler power supply. It runs hot.

Music through Roon->Hermes->Pasithea->2x Kratos->Acelec Model One (Acelec is also a brand of Cees, subwoofer will launch soon)

The whole system sounded good, but I can't really say anything on the sound of the Pasithea alone.

Metrum Acoustic had nothing new except the DAC3 chip update/upgrade. Metrum and Sonnet will become more different from each other in the future. Metrum has a lot of stock/supplies left, which needed to be sold first, before new products will arrive. A new integrate amp will come eventually (Sonnet Kratos is mono, so Metrum will be stereo integrated).

Nice to speak with Cees, really nice guy.

At the event I was listening in the Grimm Audio room. My eye caught the Grimm UC1 converter with headphone amp. I sounded really good, need to test one.

Listen for your selfs: YouTube link

UC1.jpg

UC1-back.jpg

I was really impressed with the sonnet and alcelec.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #600 of 1,507
Father of Morpheus is the Pasithea. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct - just Cees' play on words FOM = MOM ! Did you by chance get to visit the SoundPrism room - they had Morph/Hermes playing I believe ? Very interesting Speaker design being driven by Class D Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back