Songs You'd Pay 100 Bucks To Never Hear Again
Feb 20, 2005 at 10:54 AM Post #76 of 127
Unless I missed something, I don't know how nobody's mentioned...

"Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler

Oh god. There is no one single person I detest more in music, and there's no song worse in her repetoir than this one. That Bodyguard song by Whitney Houston? Yea, that does suck. Celine Dion? Horrible beyond compare. Except for Bette. She takes the cake.

I'd absolutely love to Eternal-Sunshine-of-a-Spotless-Mind that song from my brain. $100 would be a bargain price.

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #77 of 127
Celine Dion. A musical monstrosity...
confused.gif

The Beach Boys Christmas album... they should have dropped this instead of bombs and leaflets on enemy countries.

Feb 20, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #78 of 127
"The Way You Make Me Feel" - Michael Jackson

I accidentally found myself in a peculiar situation where I was obligated to dance to this. I abhored it so much, tears came to my eyes.

Yes, I know we're not supposed to generalise, and it's an easy target, but I'd gladly abolish everything Michael Jackson did post-1974. No doubt, there are a number of young people out there who would do the same.
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #79 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
Anything by U2

I'm there, dude. Add anything by Elton John
plainface.gif
mad.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #80 of 127
[thread crap]Pearl Jam Suxors!!!!! n00bs[/thread crap]

Well mabye not, I never really like them much though and they got to much air time. I dunno I just dont' think the dude's voice works for me, but to each his own.

I dunno if I would pay a hunderd bucks for each but mabye if I could get rid of all the stuff they play on pop radio and top 40 etc and most of the newer crap coming out on alt/rock radio and all rap after Biggie died and most of the stuff before and country music in general and does techno even count as music? ...and...and wow there's either alot of crappy music or I'm a serious music bigot...
eek.gif

I would pay to never ever ever ever hear Jimmy Eat World's sweetness and the other single that wasn't Bleed American

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #82 of 127
Anything by Nickleback - the gods of Canadian watered down grunge.

And a plethora of New Wave overplayed:

Soft Cell - Tainted Love
That damn You Spin me Round Round song
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
That stupid 99 love baloons song.

I cannot go to any club, no matter what the music, and hear these for that time when the DJ tries her get the 30 old people out to dance numbers.

Mar 16, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #84 of 127
Great thread!

This somewhat plays along with an idea my drinking buddies and I had quite a few years back. We were in a local dive hoisting a few and the jukebox was blaring out some obnoxious song. It struck us that if someone was actually willing to spend money to play such drivel, others might spend even more to avoid hearing it. We thought that the vending companies could make a lot more money by equipping jukeboxes with some added functionality:
•If a song were being played that you didn’t want to hear, you could drop in double the amount, key in the number of the offending song, and halt playback immediately.
•In pre-emptive mode, you could walk up to the box at the beginning of the evening, drop in your money, and key in the numbers for those tunes that you did not want to hear that night, again for a premium over the amount required to simply play them.

There would be some great fights too! Oh, the fun….

Steve

Mar 16, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #86 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennylane
Hoobastank - The Reason

Oh god yes...

Freaking burgerking i work at places this one radio station all day... i think there must be 8 songs that they rotate, taht being one of them... Also Encore by linkin park and j-z i guess.... and a bunch of "hiphop" and that crappy remake of gangstas paradice... it all sucks!

Mar 16, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #87 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
at first, i didn't think there was actually a song in existence that i would pay to not hear again.. but one just came to me a few minutes ago (mostly because it just accidentally popped up in my playlist).

'my pal foot foot' by the shaggs.

jesus christ, worst song EVER. i say that with every ounce of conviction in me.. WORST.. SONG.. EVER.

i uploaded it here if you want to hear it.

That is so sad that it is not describeable using the English language.I hope they have day jobs

Mar 16, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #88 of 127
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

I dunno, that song is like nails on a chalkboard to me. And it's even worse to think that it's a really great artist who wrote/recorded it.

Mar 17, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #89 of 127
So many songs... so many bands... so little money
frown.gif

Worse offender: Gwen Steffani... particularly more recent stuff... ughhh!

Most Metallica.

Most pop-country.

All music that results from a televised competition.

A lot of stuff by the Eagles... Not that I think they are that horrifying but my future-wife used to like to fall asleep to them. Thus many of their songs have become deeply impressed on to the poor sensitive folds of my brain
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #90 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
84 posts and no-one mentioned "paradise by the dashboard light" ?
eek.gif

that's a bad one,

here's my $100

I was at a bar where the bartender had a button
to veto any song on the jukebox he didn't want to hear.
Good tipping customers probabally had some input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back