Songs You'd Pay 100 Bucks To Never Hear Again
Jul 11, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #122 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Actually "Riders On The Storm" is the least annoying of the lot IMO. The 2 most annoying ones are "Layla" and "Hey Jude", they seem like they never end! I'd pay $1000 to never hear them 2 (if I could afford to).
plainface.gif

And I can't stop listening to the unplugged Layla. Oh the soundstaging and the great quality blow me away...the song is great too.
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #124 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
And I can't stop listening to the unplugged Layla. Oh the soundstaging and the great quality blow me away...the song is great too.
tongue.gif

I agree. Unplugged Layla is much better than the original IMO. The first part of the original rocks, but that long boring ending sounds more like cocktail music.

Bohemian Rhapsody is the most annoying and overrated rock song ever, I HATE that song!

Jul 12, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #125 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Unplugged Layla is much better than the original IMO.!

What?!!! The unplugged version better than the original? That saccharine, soft rock, Lite FM, put your grandmother to bed, piece of pop drivel is better than the original? You must be off your rocker!
confused.gif
I'd give $1000 never to hear that hack job again.

Ooops, I think my generation gap is showing.
eek.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #126 of 127
Can we just agree that we all like Layla up to 3:10 and ignore the rest of the song after that? I'm willing to compromise.

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #127 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosCow
Can we just agree that we all like Layla up to 3:10 and ignore the rest of the song after that? I'm willing to compromise.

I guess we could compromise. The piano part at the end was actually played by the drummer (who later was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic) and was added in later. Bobby Whitlock was quoted as saying he hated the part but Clapton loved it and insisted they use it for the ending.

By the way, the drummer, Jim Gordon, ended up killing his own mother with a claw hammer.

That little "bird" noise at the very end is played by Dwayne Allman (who actually came up with the guitar riff) and is supposedly a tribute to Charlie Parker. Clapton plays acoustic at the end of the song. I think it's classic but if you want to turn off the song after 3:10, be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back