Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #2,672 of 4,538
Hurts - Happiness

It's an album where you can't find one single thing that annoys you. Every song is good if you have no problem with the genre synthpop. I mostly listen to vocals, and Theo Hutchcraft can really sing.

Their new album Exile will be released on 11 March. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNa91pCQ2zo - the single Miracle from the new album.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,673 of 4,538
I have a vinyl rip of Beggar's Banquet done by a cat that goes by the name PBThal. It is DELICIOUS.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #2,674 of 4,538
Marillion Misplaced Chilhood 24 Bit Remaster
Marillion Fugazi 24 Bit Remaster

Both sound awesome. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #2,675 of 4,538
Quote:

Аукцыон - хомба from the album Юла

From St. Petersburg, this album is absolutely amazing and superbly recorded. Alt-jazz / Avant-gard jazz-rock, not sure how to define them but believe me the album is amazing.

You read the band name Auktyon, the title of this song is Homba (H pronounced like in Hotel). The name of the album you read it "iula": it means whirligig.

For 9 dollars you can buy any of their album in high quality (you can get Iula in Lossless for the same price) on their website. The website is www.auktyon.ru is in Russian, but if you are interested PM me and I'll help you out, as Я говорю по-русский (=I speak Russian (a bit)). You can also pay with PayPal.

Maybe more representative of the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYKn7v7Z8yo

From someone who doesn't speak a lick o' Russian, this is pretty awesome!

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2,677 of 4,538
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2,678 of 4,538
Quote:
Wasn't this done with the recent re-masters? Why not just get the Stereo CDs and rip them yourself...?

I'm sure one reason is the FLACs are 24-bit, the CDs are not...

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,679 of 4,538
Quote:
Wasn't this done with the recent re-masters? Why not just get the Stereo CDs and rip them yourself...?

These come with 24 bit files, for one. The vinyl boxset that was recently released does me no good since I don't have a turntable nor a budget to build a home rig. EMI also used a spotty company to press the vinyl and there have been complaints about the quality...these do sound superb and I absolutely get that "hearing it again for the first time" feeling.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2,680 of 4,538
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure one reason is the FLACs are 24-bit, the CDs are not...

Good point. I can't believe I'm actually considering a $280 USB stick but that thing would be awesome. My current Beatles collection is in 192k mp3. :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,682 of 4,538
Quote:
Oh boy 24/44.1 instead of 16/44.1 
rolleyes.gif

Guess the physical media for me would be the preference over the extra 8 bits.

Not everyone has the same preferences you do. 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,683 of 4,538
Quote:

Good point. I can't believe I'm actually considering a $280 USB stick but that thing would be awesome. My current Beatles collection is in 192k mp3. :frowning2:

Get it. Every album they ever released sounding better than anybody has ever heard them for 280$ is a massive bargain if you think about it. They aren't DRM-protected, so you can put them on multiple devices. It also includes an mp3 set at 320 kbps for portable use (if your portable can't do flac or 24 bit). You will absolutely have an eargasm if your ears are used to 192 kbps. The most important thing is that the remastering was done incredibly well.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #2,684 of 4,538
They include the album art of course and some short videos, too. It comes in a heavyweight aluminum green-colored apple. If you trust reviews, quite a few people on Amazon who bought it and who have high end home systems say it's terrific, but if you must have vinyl, MAYBE you'll eke out better sound if you have a high end system and the new vinyl remaster box set (which has quality control issues due to the spotty company hired by EMI to do the pressings...shame on them!). For us portable guys, this is a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back