Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 27, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #2,658 of 4,534
They remind me of early Green Day, a little Ramones, and Sex Pistols.  Their lyrics crack me up.  Murderous divas, sexual attraction-- and a whole lot of nonsense.  

Costello is one of my favorite albums from the '00s.  Their second album Here We Stand fell a little short.  The group only made 2 records and split up, but they're reuniting for a tour this spring. Unfortunately they're only playing U.K. dates-- trying to figure out an "emergency business trip" that happens to coincide with the tour.  I hear a new album is in the works.

Great for headphones. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,659 of 4,534
Deftones - Digital Bath (Acoustic). Not the best quality of this song available on Youtube. If you feel like your ears were violated by the violence of the guitar strings vibrating through your skull, your gear is legit.

http://youtu.be/2yXh1ShK3IE

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2,661 of 4,534
Quote:
Lovely

This sounds amazing especially if you have cans that respond quickly in the lower frequencies 
size]

One of my personal favorites...

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #2,662 of 4,534
Going to mention two albums with Creek in them.   Brandi Carlisle Bear Creek and Sera Cahoone Deer Creek Canyon.  Usually listen to much harder rocking type music but these two women sound great on my 'phones.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #2,663 of 4,534

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #2,665 of 4,534
Quote:

Very cool. Thanks

Glad you liked it! Definitely one of my favorite songs. I was happy to see someone put it on youtube so that I could share it

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #2,667 of 4,534

Аукцыон - хомба from the album Юла

From St. Petersburg, this album is absolutely amazing and superbly recorded. Alt-jazz / Avant-gard jazz-rock, not sure how to define them but believe me the album is amazing.

You read the band name Auktyon, the title of this song is Homba (H pronounced like in Hotel). The name of the album you read it "iula": it means whirligig.

For 9 dollars you can buy any of their album in high quality (you can get Iula in Lossless for the same price) on their website. The website is www.auktyon.ru is in Russian, but if you are interested PM me and I'll help you out, as Я говорю по-русский (=I speak Russian (a bit)). You can also pay with PayPal.

Maybe more representative of the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYKn7v7Z8yo

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,668 of 4,534
Quote:
Worth a listen if not mentioned already;

Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go (Live)

+1

the whole live cd is really good!

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2,669 of 4,534
Wilco's latest The Whole Love sounds great and they have it available on their website in 24/96 flac format. Oh how I wish more bands would make hi-def digital versions of their albums available.

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/249-cds/product/3061-the-whole-love-digital-download-wil450-d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back