Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Nov 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,371 of 4,538

Love these tracks with my Pro900's

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,372 of 4,538
Glad if I've introduced some people to VNV Nation - they definitely deserve more cred! They are very similar to Depeche Mode in many ways - original, artistic and with some of the best and most thought provoking lyrics around. But they never had a smash hit like Depeche had with "Enjoy the Silence" so no major breakthrough yet - strong following among the fans though. I personally rank them at least equal to Depeche - just listen to "standing", "ghost", "illusion", "kingdom", "darkangel" or the vocal version of "endless skies" and you will see why.

Moving on - here's a fantastic Soundtrack from a great game!

And here's one of the best covers I've ever heard:

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,373 of 4,538
Quote:
Glad if I've introduced some people to VNV Nation - they definitely deserve more cred! They are very similar to Depeche Mode in many ways - original, artistic and with some of the best and most thought provoking lyrics around. But they never had a smash hit like Depeche had with "Enjoy the Silence" so no major breakthrough yet - strong following among the fans though. I personally rank them at least equal to Depeche - just listen to "standing", "ghost", "illusion", "kingdom", "darkangel" or the vocal version of "endless skies" and you will see why.

I've been listening to them since '05.

saw them in March in Brooklyn and it was an amazing setlist. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/vnv-nation/2012/music-hall-of-williamsburg-brooklyn-ny-7bded6d0.html

I started out with Matter + Form and have been expanding out to their whole collection.

Illusion is one of my fav songs BTW!

Below was the opener for VNV live, this track is amazing with my Ultrasone's:

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,374 of 4,538
Quote:
I've been listening to them since '05.

saw them in March in Brooklyn and it was an amazing setlist. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/vnv-nation/2012/music-hall-of-williamsburg-brooklyn-ny-7bded6d0.html

Cool to see a fellow VNV fan!
biggrin.gif

Very nice!

And yes - that setlist is outstanding! I really have to go and see them live if they do something close to me.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #2,379 of 4,538
The stereo remaster of "Something" by the Beatles. A lot of subtlety and nuance...great for checking out headphones. J.J. Grey and Mofro are great for that swampy soulful grit to make sure the bass doesn't fart out on a set of cans. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #2,382 of 4,538
Some fantastic recordings and performances.

Muddy Water . Folk Singer
Dave Brubeck. Time Out
The Who. Quadraphonia
Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland
Belle and Sebastian . If you're feeling sinister

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #2,383 of 4,538
Quote:
Some fantastic recordings and performances.
Muddy Water . Folk Singer
Dave Brubeck. Time Out
The Who. Quadraphonia
Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland
Belle and Sebastian . If you're feeling sinister

I love B&S (I used to own an original pressing of "Tiger Milk") but never really rated their recording quality until Trevor Horn helped out!

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2,384 of 4,538
John Lee Hooker's 1976 "Alone" live album takes the "less is more" idiom to an extreme and, coupled with an amazingly simple recording, sounds incredible.

I've owned this in many formats and I don't think any other album (except maybe "Milestones") has accompanied me as often on a "lights out/glass topped up" night.

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2,385 of 4,538
Quote:
Steven Wilson owns this thread, nice taste sir.

But but but he's just such a surround master that I feel guilty listening on headphones. When Steven's in the house, it's time to slip a DVD or Blu Ray on, sit in the sweetest spot and melt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back