Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,086 of 4,538
Steve Vai newest album The Story Of Light

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #2,090 of 4,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NuBreed and Luke Chable – One Day [Chable Extension Mix]

For fans of breaks. Love the beginning. Sonics are just too cool.

Sounds awesome. Thanks

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #2,092 of 4,538
Quote:
Big yes to this ^

I got to see The Who perform Quadrophenia live at the Madison Square Garden before John Entwistle died.  Still to this day the greatest spectacle to which I have ever been a witness.  Billy Idol played the Bell Boy.  Opening act was Joan Osbourne.  I think her whole set was "if God was one of us".   I had to stick hot needles into my ears to dull the pain.  But OMG was the who absolutely amazing.  After hearing the album 1000s of times, to see them live performing to what I consider the greatest album of all time...let's just say I may have shed tears of joy.  But I will deny it if anyone asks.

And in their encore, I got to see them end the set with "Won't Get Fooled Again".  Just made me wish Keith Moon was still alive to hear him play the drum solo...but it was nice seeing the rest of the old geezers rock it out one last time.  I couldn't take my eyes off John Entwistle's fingers.  The greatest bassist of all time.

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,093 of 4,538
Quote:
I got to see The Who perform Quadrophenia live at the Madison Square Garden before John Entwistle died.  Still to this day the greatest spectacle to which I have ever been a witness.  Billy Idol played the Bell Boy.  Opening act was Joan Osbourne.  I think her whole set was "if God was one of us".   I had to stick hot needles into my ears to dull the pain.  But OMG was the who absolutely amazing.  After hearing the album 1000s of times, to see them live performing to what I consider the greatest album of all time...let's just say I may have shed tears of joy.  But I will deny it if anyone asks.

And in their encore, I got to see them end the set with "Won't Get Fooled Again".  Just made me wish Keith Moon was still alive to hear him play the drum solo...but it was nice seeing the rest of the old geezers rock it out one last time.  I couldn't take my eyes off John Entwistle's fingers.  The greatest bassist of all time.

Wow, what a great experience!! I got to see DMB live at a small venue in Atlanta playing a mostly acoustic set. They are one of my favorite bands. I can still remember exactly what it sounded like and it was about 20 years ago. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #2,094 of 4,538
Pretty much everything from The Mars Volta makes my headphones wwwooowww.
biggrin.gif

I'm listening to them on a modded Fostex T50RP through my new Little Dot MKIII and the sound is simply awesome.
Especially the various sound effects are very listenable.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #2,096 of 4,538
Quote:
I'm enjoying the Kimbra album Vows.  Here's a sample:

(music starts at 0:57)

What genre is kimbra.  It's not something I normally listen to, but it's intriguing at the same time.

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,097 of 4,538
What genre is kimbra.  It's not something I normally listen to, but it's intriguing at the same time.

Not my norm either, but as you said...  intriguing.  I've listed to the album and I can't really give her a specific genre.  Here's Entertainment Weekly's review:  "...  (Kimbra's) more interested in multiculti chaos, darting between musical branches and gleefully snatching the juiciest fruits: funked-out horns, orchestral indie shimmer, radio bounce, sexy cabaret slink. She shifts effortlessly from harmonizing with herself a cappella to growling over a hiccupy hand-clap groove, before bursting into a dance- and-shout refrain — and that's just the opening track, ''Settle Down.''
The rest of Vows is equally fresh and surprising, its genre leaps held together by Kimbra's pliant coo — a remarkably expressive instrument that can evoke toughness, heartbreak, and humor over the course of a single line. Her earnestness on the breezy ''Two Way Street'' is disarming, though ''Something in the Way You Are'' proves she's also a pro at plumbing psychological depths."

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,098 of 4,538
I would definitely put that under indie-pop or soul, depending on how a full album struck me. The former seems more likely.

It is most definitely quirky, tho. And intentionally so.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #2,100 of 4,538
Quote:
Amelie Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WYGFNjEL7Jw&feature=endscreen

"This video contains content from Dance all Day, UMPG Publishing, MC MRMX and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that."

WORLD WIDE Web anybody? Thanks for this BS, YouTube! Keeps happening a lot lately... Anyway, I have owned it on CD since the original release, very nice indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back