Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #2,056 of 4,539

This record is totaly AMAZING !

Just no word to describe how much this record is good :

- Exceptional interpretation by the Kuijken Quartet from Belgium.
- Mozart "Haydn" Quartets ! Yes ! Haydn and Mozart were friends !
- Outstanding recording quality ! if you want to test the sound stage of your headphone or the precision with string, this is definitely the MUST HAVE.
Of course, you have to buy it if you like Mozart anyway.
- 3 discs of pure happiness !

[size=small]ASIN:[/size][size=small] B0000034TZ[/size]

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2,057 of 4,539
I don't have much in the way of classical in my library, I do however have this astounding album from John Zorn. Extremely well recorded, very original, and you can hear and feel everything.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,058 of 4,539

This record is totaly AMAZING !

Just no word to describe how much this record is good :

- Exceptional interpretation by the Kuijken Quartet from Belgium.
- Mozart "Haydn" Quartets ! Yes ! Haydn and Mozart were friends !
- Outstanding recording quality ! if you want to test the sound stage of your headphone or the precision with string, this is definitely the MUST HAVE.
Of course, you have to buy it if you like Mozart anyway.
- 3 discs of pure happiness !

[size=small]ASIN:[/size]
[size=small] B0000034TZ[/size]

Wow! why so expensive. :mad: it's $95 on amazon.ca and $75 on amazon.com

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2,059 of 4,539
Quote:
Wow! why so expensive.
mad.gif
it's $95 on amazon.ca and $75 on amazon.com

Yes just saw that ! So expensive...So Sorry I did not notice !

Probably because it is a very old rare cd and a very excellent recording, there are three discs inside the box...

But there is one used on amazon.com around 40$. It was the price brand new at the released date.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #2,060 of 4,539
Often I can find these recordings on half.com for $1 plus $2.99 for shipping. People buy them and don't like them and then resell them. It's an ebay site. Just search under music.

gL!!

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #2,061 of 4,539
Just discover THIS OUTSTANDING jazz record !

- The remastering work is breathtaking (it is like a new record)
- The soundstage is freaking REAL.
- Very high resolution details on every instruments.
- And of course, it is a very very good jazz album anyway. Must have if you like jazz !

A masterpiece, you can trust me. You gonna scream : WOOOOOOOW.

[size=small]ASIN:[/size][size=small] B00002SWKE[/size]

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #2,063 of 4,539
I will have to check out the Budd Johnson. It's not available through MOG which is the service I use. There are other recordings of his though. I'll give one a listen...

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #2,065 of 4,539
Marie Digby- Album Second home(all songs)
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No 2 in C minor, Op.18(my fav! Those who love classical try this)
Chiisana Koi No Uta- Album Message-Artist Mongol800- (for those who love j-pop)

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2,066 of 4,539
Quote:
I don't have much in the way of classical in my library, I do however have this astounding album from John Zorn. Extremely well recorded, very original, and you can hear and feel everything.

WOW, this is amazing! I went directly to shop for their records. I loved it!

Any way, the ones that make me feel amazing while listening to them, specially with good headphones:

Rachmaninov Piano Concerto no.2 ( Fedoseyev's recording is in my opinion a better performance, but Leif Ove Andsnes' is a newer and a way better recording technically)
Danzón no. 2 and no. 4 - Arturo Márquez (amazing if you listen to the correct recording, they push headphones as the no. 2 is fast and intense)
Bajofondo - Grand Gignol
Daugher - Youth (has like every frequency you can imagine and that girl can sing)
Libertango - Yo-Yo Ma (the version in the Music of Astor Piazzolla record. Great record overall)
Falling Down - Oasis (this one in my experience is one of the songs that changes the most depending on the headphones, and I love the guitar too)
Fuga y Misterio - Gidon Kremer
Breath of Life & No light no light - Florence + the Machine. These two are simply perfect. 

BTW, what a fun thread! I'm looking forward to listening to every record you guys post :D

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #2,068 of 4,539
Some youtube low-quality clips that are also on test CD :

Riley Lee: Moon Shadows (NB! listen ONLY to 1st minute, before the voice over in this video starts)

- Brilliant shakuhachi flute recording, including the resonance and some glaring parts that can reveal the upper mid-range harshness

Urna : Silaihuar (I use the track Chiwgaiin shili myself, but it's not on youtube)

- Beautiful female vocals and throat singing effects that always touch my soul.

Rajaton : Butterfly

- Female and male vocals from one of the best. Tonal purity, separation and spaciousness test.

Philip Glass: Floe (from Glassworks)

- Good streaming and flow test and a brilliant proto-trance track that all trance fans should listen to .

Vocal Sampling : Pirim Pin Pin

- If you are unfamiliar with vocal only, you'll go "what!!" at same point during this track (because it's all human voices only). Good also for listening to mp3 artefacts, which are plentiful on this youtube clip (do not exist on the original cd audio track)

Kodo : Dadan Project (try a non-live recording and also their track "Bird Island")

- PRaT. Dynamic. Sheer force.

Jean Sibelius : Finlandia (don't know the orchestra/conductor for this performance)

- What can I say? Turn it up!. Close your eyes. Breathe. If this doesn't give you goosebumps, there's something wrong with your playback chain:)

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #2,069 of 4,539
for anyone that has Stax + Spotify (Y) 
http://open.spotify.com/track/4jBJ55NE5AzQ8aEqvi9yM6

works for anyone, does not sound like the one on spotify thought. 
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/So+Dan+o+Samba/4kQvTq?src=5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back