Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #1,996 of 4,538
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you one of the greatest pianists I have ever heard; musical genius, Chilly Gonzales.

I hope you enjoy. :)

I did. Oh boy, I did.. That was awesome/insane/amazing. Thanks for sharing it! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #1,998 of 4,538
I did. Oh boy, I did.. That was awesome/insane/amazing. Thanks for sharing it! :beerchug:

Glad you liked it! His album, Solo Piano, is more laid back, but an instant classic. It's what really put him on the map. Others might know him from the first iPad commercial, the one with that 3 note piano track. Yeah, that's on Ivory Tower. I definitely recommend checking that our as well.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #1,999 of 4,538
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you one of the greatest pianists I have ever heard; musical genius, Chilly Gonzales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKa6q3iYzgw&feature=player_detailpage

I must say his playing style is very unique, and it makes him stand out from other pianists. His songs range in various moods. Some are happy, some are more mellow, and some are very dark. And here, in his song titled Knight Moves, it seems he has combined all of those moods into one, beautifully mastered piece. He also holds the Guinness World Record for longest, non-stop concert ever. Again, truly a musical genius.

I hope you enjoy. :)

I'm sorry, but I felt like I was watching Sacha Baron Cohen punk an orchestra. He is talented and can play, but I think he's about as self-indulgent as a musician could possibly be; he makes the performance about himself instead of the song, which is a huge turn-off for me when it comes to instrumental music. Case in point: he went through the trouble to contact Guinness World Records so that they could be present to verify his "achievement." I would rather listen to a rank amateur who serves the music than this guy any day of the week. When I want to listen to an eccentric genius play the piano, Thelonious Monk is my guy.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2,000 of 4,538
I generally really dislike talking instead of singing in a song, but listening Somewhere Down The Crazy River by Robbie Robertson through my K550 sent shivers down my spine. The vocals  (both talking and singing) sound incredible throughout the track.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2,001 of 4,538
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I felt like I was watching Sacha Baron Cohen punk an orchestra. He is talented and can play, but I think he's about as self-indulgent as a musician could possibly be; he makes the performance about himself instead of the song, which is a huge turn-off for me when it comes to instrumental music. Case in point: he went through the trouble to contact Guinness World Records so that they could be present to verify his "achievement." I would rather listen to a rank amateur who serves the music than this guy any day of the week. When I want to listen to an eccentric genius play the piano, Thelonious Monk is my guy.

Oh well, to each his own. :)

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #2,002 of 4,538
Quote:
Oh well, to each his own. :)

Yeah, I agree. If you like jazz, Oscar Peterson and Art Tatum were virtuosos who you may enjoy. The great classical pianists of Tatum's era used to go watch him play because of his ability.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #2,004 of 4,538
I got a chance to listen to the new The Faceless album a couple days early, and I have to say. My ears appreciated it. Give it a listen its call Autotheism-The Faceless. comes out the 14 guys.

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #2,006 of 4,538
For a great range of musical types with amazing recording quality I like to audition gear (car audio as well) using the Focal JMlab Demos.
If you have not heard them, do go out of your way to find them.

Mahler is always fantastic
Nine Inch Nails
Alice In Chains and Pearljam - Alone
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Scorpions - Woman
Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave
The Cars - Drive
Anything by Dream Theater
Boston
Journey
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence (Quad Final Mix)

All I have for now.

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2,007 of 4,538
Quote:
I got a chance to listen to the new The Faceless album a couple days early, and I have to say. My ears appreciated it. Give it a listen its call Autotheism-The Faceless. comes out the 14 guys.

I've been really looking forward to that album, since the Faceless was the band that got me into technical death metal.

(Also, is your avatar Suzuha?)

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,010 of 4,538
Massive Attack's Mezzanine on Vsonic GR01's. Never heard it with quite so much detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back