Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jul 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #1,891 of 4,538
Jul 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #1,892 of 4,538
Quote:

Many years ago, I heard that song on a pair of Martin Logan electrostats ( can't remember the model ), and from that point on, I started to care about and want the best sounding audio gear I could afford.

Nice. I was installing a HT setup in my bosses house 12 years ago. He has bought some crazy  tower speakers(can't recall the brand) and thought they made the music sound strange-I told him it was making the music sound how it was supposed to, defects and all-  he only listened to 60's and 70's rock and all of his equipment had been real low end before. I said do you have any newer cd's? Yep, Hell Freezes Over. When the drum beat hit at about 0:33 he about ruined his pants, he couldn't believe the detail.He stood there with the biggest smile for the entire song and said he never knew anything could sound so damn perfect. I too was just blown away at the production on that cd.  At that time Hotel California became the #1 reference song and Money For Nothing became #2. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #1,893 of 4,538
Bjork's entire Biophilia album seems to be coming alive on my Audeo PFE232... Mids good, treble incredible, then the bass comes out of the blue and really gets you. Shown on the song Sacrifice. Soundstage seems to be extremely realistic and yes, I tried different headphones and IEMs with the same songs. Nothing comes close to the PFE232

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,894 of 4,538
Quote:
Bjork's entire Biophilia album seems to be coming alive on my Audeo PFE232... Mids good, treble incredible, then the bass comes out of the blue and really gets you. Shown on the song Sacrifice. Soundstage seems to be extremely realistic and yes, I tried different headphones and IEMs with the same songs. Nothing comes close to the PFE232

Oh wow, you weren't kidding about the bass on 'Sacrifice'.  Dayuummm!

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #1,895 of 4,538
Quote:

I've wondered about that album. Had it sitting on my HD for a while. Time to give it a listen!!

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #1,896 of 4,538
Quote:

That whole album is entirely impressive across the sound spectrum!! Not a bad listen at all...

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,898 of 4,538
That whole album is entirely impressive across the sound spectrum!! Not a bad listen at all...

It is. Really gives your headphones and IEMs a workout!

Oh wow, you weren't kidding about the bass on 'Sacrifice'.  Dayuummm!

Yea! You must be loving it on your HE500s seeing vocals are stellar.

I've wondered about that album. Had it sitting on my HD for a while. Time to give it a listen!!

And now you did and aren't you glad? Haha brilliant work from Bjork once again.

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,899 of 4,538
Tupelo Honey by Cassandra Wilson is off the charts. When the violin hits about half way through the song, I was spinning around in my chair looking for someone playing it behind me!!

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #1,901 of 4,538
Quote:
Tupelo Honey by Cassandra Wilson is off the charts. When the violin hits about half way through the song, I was spinning around in my chair looking for someone playing it behind me!!

Try Sky & Sea  (Blue in Green) on her Travelling Miles album... 

Cassandras music seems to make Senns cans come alive. so damn natural !!

I also enthusiastically recommend Rachelle Ferrelle's individuality CD. Extremely clean recording.

Presently listening to Lots of tracks from Stevie Wonder (Innervisions, Talking Book & Fulfillingness), Joni Mitchell (Court & Spark) and KD Lang (Watershed).. the production is immaculate.
Makes you wonder why present day artists don't seem to care about the sonic integrity of their work.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #1,902 of 4,538

RAZORS.OUT by Mike Shinoda & Joseph Trapanese ft. Chris Moreno

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #1,904 of 4,538
Quote:

Try Sky & Sea  (Blue in Green) on her Travelling Miles album... 

Cassandras music seems to make Senns cans come alive. so damn natural !!

I also enthusiastically recommend Rachelle Ferrelle's individuality CD. Extremely clean recording.

Presently listening to Lots of tracks from Stevie Wonder (Innervisions, Talking Book & Fulfillingness), Joni Mitchell (Court & Spark) and KD Lang (Watershed).. the production is immaculate.
Makes you wonder why present day artists don't seem to care about the sonic integrity of their work.

Thank you for these suggestions!! I'll go back and listen to all of them.

Just listened to the Individuality album...very good. Certainly a keeper.

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,905 of 4,538
There is a vocal version of Aerith's Theme and it's UNBELIEVABLE on my HD 598's. It is on youtube but I feel as though I shouldn't link it here for fear of being accused of fishing for views on head-fi. Just don't wanna be 'that guy'. The song gives me goosebumps every time but maybe thats just because I love FF7 =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back