Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #1,186 of 4,536

I've always loved 'Strobe' from For Lack of a Better Name
biggrin.gif

Strobe has one of the most powerful builds ever. I've used it to open about 5 House sets. Works every time.

Oh and to link back to Wolfgang Gartner - Listen to 'Killer' and 'Montezuma' - Absolutely crazy, so much going on
redface.gif

I enjoy Gartner quite a bit as far as more mainstream EDM goes. Still think Feed Me may be my top pick for House/Prog right now. Not ever, but that guy is brilliant. Excellent DnB as Spor and excellent House as Feed Me.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #1,187 of 4,536

Chesky from HDtracks.com delivers again with this album of laid back crooning in absolutely stunning quality.

"Unauthorized" is a great leap forward from the group's previous release "Sex Without Bodies", the main reason being the expanded production/arrangements of bassist/producer Jeff Eyrich. Eyrich uses a wide array of complementary tonal colors, from vibes to a horn section, to frame Cantor's witty, sophisticated songs, and Flint's melodious but deadpan singing style. While there's an abundance of humor in Cantor's compositions, there are no cheap laughs. Rather, he's an ironist in the best sense, on a par with Randy Newman or Steely Dan. Anyone with an interest in great modern songwriting will relish hearing Flint breathe sweet life into Cantor's quirky, inventive creations.

Dave's True Story - Unauthorized (2000)

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #1,188 of 4,536
For me especially, this is the album that I love to listen to -

some of the best audio quality I've ever heard (particularly from the blu-ray disc) -

My favorites are -

1. Grace is gone
2. Lie in our Graves
3. The Maker

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #1,190 of 4,536
If you can find something cheesier than this - you're doing pretty well!

Batman - It's The Batman (1966)

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,192 of 4,536
Listened to "The Wall" through my new Grados this weekend. Was like listening to a whole new CD. After I read about someone else listening to it in the Grado Fan Club thread I had to try it myself. It did not disappoint.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,195 of 4,536
Dire Straits - Brothers in arms - rolling thunder at the start is impressive, as is the entire song come to that.

Paul Mccartney - Motor of love - not my favourite song from the "flowers in the dirt" album but good soundstage, very airy feel to it.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #1,197 of 4,536
Here's an audiophile alternative collection to Chesky records - An offering from Linn Records.
Audio quality is exquisite with varied genres on the disc.

Musicians & Tracklisting:
1. Claire Martin – He Never Mentioned Love
2. Judith Owen – Painting By Numbers
3. Barb Jungr – Beautiful Life
4. Carol Kidd – Yes I Know When I’ve Had It
5. Claire Martin – Love At Last
6. Ian Shaw A Case Of You
7. George Emmanuel-Lazaridis – Grandes Études De Paganini III
8. Scottish Chamber Orchestra – March K. 189
9. Artur Pizarro & Vita Panomariovaite – Capriccio Espagnol – Scena E Canto Gitano
10. James Gilchrist – Ludlow & Teme – When I Was One And Twenty
11. Dunedin Consort – Messiah – And The Glory Of The Lord
12. Jonathan Freeman-Attwood – A Chloris
13. Cappella Nova – Missa Brevis – Kyrie
14. Maximiliano Martín – Sonata For Clarinet And Piano – Allegro Con Fuoco
15. La Serenissima – Sonata ‘Graz’ No. 3 – Allegro
16. William Carter – Cumbees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back