Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,097 of 4,538
the entire "rhythm of the saints" album by Paul Simon. 

This album seems to be immune to bad headphones.. It seems to always sound amazing... probably b/c its an old recording, and wasnt subjected to all the nonsense they put into mainstream reacordings these days.

Same with Dave Matthews band albums - crash, under the table and dreaming, and before these crowded streets.  They just sound great out of everything.

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #1,098 of 4,538
Invisible Man In A Flourescent Suit by Shpongle is amazing. The build up until, and including, the big transition mid-song is simply put amazing. It's the best music experience so far, for me.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #1,099 of 4,538

Quote:
Stairway by MiMOSA.

Makes any bass-centric can just jam.

Agreed, I've got ~50 plays of that song after seeing another recommendation on here for it, and maybe 4 or 5 on the rest of the album :) I've not been that exposed to dubstep or whatever that's called, but really do like that song. Any similar artists / songs you'd recommend?

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #1,100 of 4,538
A bit lame on my behalf since I don't even own an Ultrasone model, big thanks to (MusicaMan) for making this link known
20 reference tracks for testing. Some are a tad bright on my 325's but well worth the download nonetheless.

Ultrasone CD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EP732YPC

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,101 of 4,538

Quote:
Invisible Man In A Flourescent Suit by Shpongle is amazing. The build up until, and including, the big transition mid-song is simply put amazing. It's the best music experience so far, for me.

wow,.. never heard of them before.. dig it a lot.. silly name, but whatever...  I'll be giving them some more of my time for sure

out of all the Dream theater mentioned here no one mentioned "dance of eternity"  now thats a headphone song.. i would post a video but there aren't any good enough quality..

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #1,104 of 4,538

Quote:
Pink Floyd - Money

This song sounds amazing on any decently balanced headphone.

Another good addition from Pink Floyd - High Hopes (Division Bell) especially concerning that guitar solo at the end.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #1,105 of 4,538

Quote:
wow,.. never heard of them before.. dig it a lot.. silly name, but whatever...  I'll be giving them some more of my time for sure

out of all the Dream theater mentioned here no one mentioned "dance of eternity"  now thats a headphone song.. i would post a video but there aren't any good enough quality..

You should definitely check their discography out. Basically everything they put their hands on turns in sonic harmony.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,106 of 4,538

Quote:

As I was reading your response I was listening to Devine Moments of Truth by Shpongle  ( Tales of the Inexpressable ).  As I have never listerned to the track you mention, I am sure too, 
 I also enjoy Entheogenic -Spontanious Illumination, as it is also Shpongle like

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #1,108 of 4,538
 I am in the market for new headphones, yet these tracks  sound amazing even on my Senn 280 pros to the point of questioning just how much of an upgrade I need.

Song of the Stars - Dead Can Dance
 Two Ton Mantis- Amon Tobin
 Blood and Ice- Ewan Dobson
 High Water Everywhere- Joe Bonamassa
 One Wittness-Ray Montiford 
 Thats Right- Sacred Spirit
 Daddy's Got A New Girl- Spyro Gyra
 Swing Blues # 1 Jerry Douglas
 Power to the People- Mahaogany Rush ( Frank Marino )

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #1,109 of 4,538
would you believe Selena Gomez - Love You Like a Love Song ... and Bang Bang Bang
It's got this really good deep impact bass at the beginning and her voice is recorded really well and just sounds fantastic on the Shure SHR940.

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #1,110 of 4,538
Really? I've only heard it once but it sounded like one of the worst produced albums I've heard in a while.

Quote:
 My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West has some amazing production value. Especially the Bon Iver samples in "Lost in the World."

Another vote for Shpongle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back