Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #1,036 of 4,536
Streetlight Manifesto's Would You Be Impressed?, SHINee's Lucifer, Girls' Generation's Hoot, Angels and Airwaves' The Moon-Atomic, and some other songs sound more enjoyable on my SR60i's than any other headphones I've heard.

May 31, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #1,037 of 4,536
Quote:
My entire library- I won't use headphones unless they make everything sound amazing
wink.gif

OMG...Isn't that so true though, thats why we bother with the BS that is synergy, because adding one coloration on top of another can make a headphone sound heavenly with the right genre XD

Im an oldschool Visual Kei nut, so lately when I've wanted to show off my K271 (setup like in my portable sig) I had friends listen to Due le Quartz's Jisatsu Ganbou and Malice Mizer's Au Revoir. The entire best album compile is of excellent sq, as is the live Malice Mizer Merveilles l'espace DVD's linear pcm.
biggrin.gif
  DV

May 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #1,038 of 4,536
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue HDCD - Too Rich for my Blood
Ten Years After - Space In Time (One of These Days), Cricklewood Green - Original LPs
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King - 180g LP
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name - 180g LP
Pink Floyd - Meddle (Echoes) and DSOTM - Original LPs
ELP - ELP - Lucky Man - Original LP

May 31, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #1,039 of 4,536
I'm new at this. I have a pair of HD 555's with the foam mod, which supposedly makes them sound a lot like the 595's.

So far I really enjoy:
The Social Network soundtrack by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Hide and Seek by Imogene Heap
Fiest: Let it Die - Her vocals come through really nice
Details by Frou Frou
Female vocals really shine on these things
Give Up by the Postal Service is a great album for soundstage.  Little dings all over the place.

May 31, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #1,040 of 4,536
Oneof my favorite albums of all time, and by far my favorite live album.

Quote:
Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album sounds pretty great through my HD-280 Pros.

However once I get an amp, soundcard, and the pair of SR80i's I've been eyeing, it might be a bit different. :p

That OST is amazing, and Hide & Seek is a classic. Vocoders are sooooooo sexy.

Quote:
I'm new at this. I have a pair of HD 555's with the foam mod, which supposedly makes them sound a lot like the 595's.

So far I really enjoy:
The Social Network soundtrack by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Hide and Seek by Imogene Heap
Fiest: Let it Die - Her vocals come through really nice
Details by Frou Frou
Female vocals really shine on these things
Give Up by the Postal Service is a great album for soundstage.  Little dings all over the place.

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #1,041 of 4,536
Just bought the "TRON Legacy" soundtrack (Daft Punk). Pretty solid material, well recorded!

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #1,043 of 4,536
let me go for an oldie but an awesome goodie - "Axel F" (Movie Theme from Beverly Hills Cop). brought goodbumps on my HE5LE driven by a Sansui AU-517 integrated amp. deep thunderous bass that creates pressure waves i can feel
basshead.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #1,045 of 4,536
Also, other than my entire library, a few special experiences I can recall with my latest trials:

LCD-2: Lost Wisdom by Burzum. When the vocals come in, my jaw dropped and I shook in my seat.
T1: Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru, unbelievably beautiful
Edition 8: Downfall by Children of Bodom, couldn't stop headbanging

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,046 of 4,536
Simple & Clean sound amazing on the HE 500. Listened to it on my portable rig yesterday. 

OT: Somnambulist by BT. Just an amazing song overall, but the production that went into that song is excellent as well.

Quote:
Also, other than my entire library, a few special experiences I can recall with my latest trials:

LCD-2: Lost Wisdom by Burzum. When the vocals come in, my jaw dropped and I shook in my seat.

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,047 of 4,536
In no particular order...and so many more not listed:

Lee Ritenour - Overdrive DVD
Radiohead - Rainbows CD
Gorillaz- Demon Days DVD
London Symphony Orchestra/B&W Society of Sound - Brahms, Beethoven, Smetana, Bach, Shostokovich, Rachmaninov, Mahler, etc Lossless/FLAC
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue; Modern Cool CD's
Punch Brothers - Antifogmatic CD and DVD
John Mayer - Where the Light Is DVD
David Gilmore/Pink Floyd - Live in Gdansk; Live at Royal Albert Hall Bluray
Fleetwood Mac - The Dance DVD
Steely Dan - Gold CD
Chris Botti - Live in Boston Bluray
Diana Krall - Live in Paris; Montreal; Rio DVD/Bluray
Ramsey Lewis - Legends of Jazz: Season one DVD/Bluray
Anna Maria Jopek & Pat Metheny - Upojenie CD
Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's in London Bluray
Bill Evans - everything
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue; All Jazz CD's
Dave Matthews - Live in Central Park Bluray
David Gray - Live in Slow Motion Bluray

All of these are outstanding recordings/concerts.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #1,048 of 4,536

Quote:

2nd ditto on Utada Hikaru, especially in lossless. The separation of the instruments is eye(ear)opening; I'd never paid attention before.

I'd also recommend "Passion" by her, the second part. Kinda funny how she originally wrote the first song originally in Japanese ("Hikari"), but the English version ("Simple and Clean") is better. Likewise with the second song, she originally wrote it for English audience ("Sanctuary"), but the Japanese version ("Passion") is better.

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #1,049 of 4,536

Quote:

2nd ditto on Utada Hikaru, especially in lossless. The separation of the instruments is eye(ear)opening; I'd never paid attention before.

I'd also recommend "Passion" by her, the second part. Kinda funny how she originally wrote the first song originally in Japanese ("Hikari"), but the English version ("Simple and Clean") is better. Likewise with the second song, she originally wrote it for English audience ("Sanctuary"), but the Japanese version ("Passion") is better.

I have those songs, I love Kingdom Hearts
wink.gif

Simple and Clean is just heavenly on the T1 and HE500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back