Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #1,021 of 4,539
I really like Dan Peer's Lord's Tundra from Stereophile Test CD 3. I think it could've been recorded better, but the music is a great all bass track.

May 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #1,022 of 4,539
May 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #1,023 of 4,539
May 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #1,027 of 4,539
If you have Audeze LCD2 you have to hear,

- Classical Treasures - 10 Winter - From the Four Seasons

May 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #1,028 of 4,539
Not one particular song, but I've been revisiting various content from Parov Stelar over the past few days.  Beautiful, fun, great production throughout, and a few moments of complexity thrown in for good measure.  Good music to test the chain. :) 

May 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #1,029 of 4,539
Burning in a new pair of Sennheiser HD 598's and played Sonny Rollins' "I'm An Old Cowhand" - huge wow factor! The detail and soundstage is amazing with these, exactly what I was hoping for! I love my M50's but they don't do jazz like this... On the other hand, if you have the M50's give a listen to the Blind Boys Of Alabama new album "Take The High Road", it will make you get religion. (I am using the E7/E9 and my trusty Imac w/ALAC files)

May 30, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,030 of 4,539

Quote:
Blind Boys Of Alabama new album "Take The High Road", it will make you get religion.

I like their new album with their country/gospel songs.  They were just in concert in my area at the beginning of May.  It was during our anniversary - yet, I didn't want to ask my wife if she'd like to attend.  Instead, we did some other activities.  I would have loved to have heard them live.  I think they've been playing (with various member changes) over the past 70 years?

May 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,031 of 4,539
Yes, the Blind Boys go way back. They got "discovered" by a whole new audience with "Spirit Of The Century" CD a few years ago, w/guest stars and songs by Tom Waits. But if you ever get to hear them do their traditional things you truly realize how great they are. The new one has a some of these: "Jesus Built A Bridge...", "I know A Place", "Can You Give Me A Drink?", great stuff (and btw I'm not particularly religious but gospel done right is such powerful music).

Quote:
I like their new album with their country/gospel songs.  They were just in concert in my area at the beginning of May.  It was during our anniversary - yet, I didn't want to ask my wife if she'd like to attend.  Instead, we did some other activities.  I would have loved to have heard them live.  I think they've been playing (with various member changes) over the past 70 years?

May 30, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #1,032 of 4,539
My entire library- I won't use headphones unless they make everything sound amazing
wink.gif

May 30, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #1,033 of 4,539

Quote:
Yes, the Blind Boys go way back. They got "discovered" by a whole new audience with "Spirit Of The Century" CD a few years ago, w/guest stars and songs by Tom Waits. But if you ever get to hear them do their traditional things you truly realize how great they are. The new one has a some of these: "Jesus Built A Bridge...", "I know A Place", "Can You Give Me A Drink?", great stuff (and btw I'm not particularly religious but gospel done right is such powerful music).

Ah, Tom Waits.  Another very talented performer.  I love how non-pretentious he is.  It appears he never fell into that whole California scene of living big and rich.  I'd like to believe he lives a life like he sings about in his songs - eating at diners, and taking life as it comes along.

May 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,035 of 4,539
Another one that is worth listening to: 

Ship of Fools - Robert Plant

Pure gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back