Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #451 of 4,538
I cant believe how much Madonna is listed here, wow do i feel dirty and slimy now ewww

anyway

2xed the Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

other guitar players that make my experience worth my set up

Guthrie Govans entire Erotic Cakes album
Marco Sfogli entire Andromeda album

Bireli Lagrenes - Acoustic Moments, Minor Swing, Hungaria
Stochelo Rosenberg - For Sephora, Moonflower
Dragonball Evolution OST - Master Roshi, Finale
Superman OST in its entirety+
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana

May 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #452 of 4,538
Son Volt's "Straightaways", absolutely wonderful sound.
I usually don't think in terms like "audiophile quality".
Well most classical music is audiophile quality I guess, but pop/rock and alt-country I am not sure...well Straightaways appears to be the first one.

May 24, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #453 of 4,538
Lots of great tunes here in this thread, plus alot that i have never heard of before.  I will have to try out some of these recomendations.

Here are my personal favorites for theh WOW factor (and i am not talking about World of Warcraft).

Metallica - S&M
Symphorce - Become Death - Inside the Cast
Joe Satriani - Live in Paris
Joe Satriani - Rubina
Narada World: A Global Vision - Cactus De Paraguana
Lesiem - Auracle - Temperentia
Loreena Mckennitt - The Book of Secrets - Night Ride Across the Caucasus
Mercenry - 11 Dreams - Firesoul (I still get the shakes after listening to this one)
Transiberian Orchestra - Night Castle - Tracers, Carmina Burana, Moonlight and Madness, Sparks
Mortal Kombat Annihilation Soundtrack, - Congo Fury
Def Leppard Greatest Hits: Vault
Dream Theatre - Black Clouds and Silver Linings-Intrumental CD

May 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #454 of 4,538
Daft punk - Aerodynamic
Daft punk - Robot rock
and of course:
Sleigh Bells - Run The Heart

May 24, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #455 of 4,538

Quote:

Metallica - S&M

I love that album, specially the single "No leaf clover" 
I tend to use my Grado's to listen some soft rock, sometimes symphonic metal. Such as Dark passion play by nightwish. 

May 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #457 of 4,538
I like all kinds of music but as far as production quality goes, I haven't found anything that rivals the later Michael Jackson albums. BAD, Dangerous, and HIStory are phenomenal as far as production quality goes. Now, whether you actually enjoy the music or not is a whole different story.

May 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #458 of 4,538
my bloody valentine's loveless and I'm sure it has been mentioned already but dave brubeck quartet's whole album, time out.

May 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #459 of 4,538
Blank & Jones - Beyond Time (Ambient Mix)

I got the from the album "A Trip in Lounge"

I use this thread to check out what everyone is listening to. I think it might be a good idea to offer a sample if you could.

May 31, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #460 of 4,538
Jun 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #463 of 4,538

Quote:
theCanadian  

i really like it. do you have something like that?

Yeah.

Fuente - Ravello. A quick video search turned up no results, so here's a link, V0. http://www.mediafire.com/?2janmjjkzmq

It's on the same album as the Blank & Jones song. It's a compilation album, "A Trip In Lounge". You should check it out. It's really good; very chill. It's one of my favorite albums overall, and I don't generally like ambient stuff, so that's saying something. If I have time to just sit and chill, I find myself going to this album a lot.

Another is Brainlight - Earth & Space  http://www.mediafire.com/?doyzu3zmyyg

Please, if you like it, support the artist(s).

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #465 of 4,538

Quote:
I really love Louis Armstrong's version of 'La Vie En Rose'.  It certainly makes me go "woooooow".

LOVE THAT SONG! From the valve rattles at the start to Louis pronouncing be as "blee". It's a fantastic song and in mono too! The only thing I never liked was the tape flub/error at around 2:09. It's on every single version of that song. Took me about a week to fix that small error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back