Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 22, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #439 of 4,539
Just listened to 'Floyd's "Welcome to the machine" off the "Master Sound collector's edition" 24 karat gold cd , SBM 20 bit transfer yadda-yadda-yadda , on my new M50's .

HOLLY FLIGGIN SCHMIDT !!!!!

Oh , and Donald Fagen's "Morph the cat" makes me do some strange dancing in my chair when nobody is watching .

May 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #441 of 4,539
I don't know about WOW but I like these on my headphones, this week. Next week the list will be different. To me that’s the whole point. :)

John Coltrane and Miles Davis: various tracks from Blue Trane and Kind of Blue, in particular Sunny’s Crib (on Blue Trane).

P.I.L.: Flowers of Romance – this puts the hooks in me every time I hear it

Underworld: Born Slippy – very good UK stuff

Kraftwerk: The Man Machine - WAY ahead of its time in 1978 and even now in some ways

The Decca recording of Il Barbiere di Savigilia – I love this for no real reason (I love opera in general)

Mozart's Requiem – scary how moody and dark this is, incredible (see Sostakoivch for even darker lol)l

Various tracks with Grace Slick and Janis Joplin vocals – yup, WOW

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon – OK stuff but 'safe for the suburbs' lol

Capella Romana: The Devine (Orthodox) Liturgy in English – male vocals at their best - AMAZING

Beastie Boys: The Mix Up – very nice instrumental stuff 

May 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #443 of 4,539
I listened to DJ Billy E - Beats 4 My Van on my Ultrasone HFI-780s the other day at 75% of the volume... 5 mins after the end of the song I could still feel my ears and upper cheeks tingle...

Defenitely not one of my fav songs btw, was just curious how it would sound on my headphone and I was pleasantly shocked. I was fun, but just for once.

May 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #445 of 4,539
ANY song in Streetlight Manifesto's Everything Goes Numb. Their songs are so intricate that even though I've listened to the album hundreds of times (my favorite band of all time), I still notice new sounds when I play it with my HD600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back