Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 14, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #421 of 4,536

Quote:
Band of Gypsies - Machine gun
A crappy 128 kb/ps MP3 sounds already great with my D5000s

Damn, I had completely forgotten about this album! I used to listen to this at least once a day! Thank You! Got the new tubes rolling and the HD650 is kicking it with style....

May 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #422 of 4,536
opeth- "to bid you farewell"

love the bluesy guitar at 4:00 makes my ath-es7 phones shine. cant help but close my eyes.

May 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #423 of 4,536
With my XB700's pretty much anything NIN sounds fantastic. Particularly "Where Is Everybody?' and "The Big Come Down" from The Fragile album. Also Bob Dylan sounds surprisingly excellent with them, especially when they are of vinyl source.

For my Koss KSC75's, the Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core soundtrack sounds wonderful. Another thing, they do Dolby Headphone encoded music better than the XB700's. Like Bob Dylan's "People Get Ready" from some Japanese promo CD. It sounds like it was recorded in binaural at a train station, so when combined with Dolby Headphone it's got some awesome soundstage as well and lots of neat little details. :D

May 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #424 of 4,536
Tool's THIRD EYE off their Aenima album is a great song. It's well recorded and has very nice dynamics. I think it represents all that is terrific with the band. Hey it's almost 14 minutes.

I almost can't pick out a single song from Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. So I wont. Just listen to this amazing album and go 'Wow!'

May 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #425 of 4,536

Quote:
Got LP4 yet? It's almost as good as LP3, falls a little short, but still a good listen nontheless.

Nope, but thanks for the heads up. I'll be grabbing that over the summer sometime. I've been needing some new Ratatat. In regards to quality, it's not surprising that LP4 isn't as good as LP3. LP3 was a perfect 10. You can't make a 10 every time.

May 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #428 of 4,536
The entire Ultimate Santana Collection by Carlos Santana. My Beyer DT990's and LDII just make his guitar sound like nothing else. As one of the tracks says, "Carlos you making that guitar cry man" and honestly, if your in a quiet room you can hear it cry.

May 16, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #429 of 4,536
I love so much about all albums of "Patricia Barber" recently, 'Modern Cool', 'Cafe Blue', A Fortnight in France (Live)', 'Mythologies', 'Verse', 'Night Club' and so and so........................ Her voice and music just wonderful sounds in my set-up.

May 17, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #433 of 4,536
Miles Davis -  "Kind of Blue" - the album
Frank Sinatra from the Capitol years (amazing arrangements, not so great recordings, Sinatra in top form)
Nat King Cole w/Natalie Cole - "Unforgettable"
Norah Jones and Willie Nelson "I Don't Want to Get Over You" ...and just about anything she sings really.
The Beatles - "I Feel Fine" Harrison's awesome guitar and the background harmonies
The Beatles - "You Never Give Me Your Money" (Abbey Road) "Oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go!"

May 17, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #435 of 4,536
One song that really surprised me recently: Opeth - A Fair Judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back