Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 23, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #3,903 of 4,536
I was thinking' about this whilst grooving' to some YouTube tunes (yes folks that's right YouTube)

We could expand this discussion topic from just music to what made you go wow in your headphone listening experience?

For example, recently a friend of mine secured a pair of really nice balanced cables for his Pono and Bererdynamic Pro headphones.

WOW!

After this experience, I will no longer seek unbalanced headphone listening...really? Well you know I'm sitting here typing away and listening on my MBA>Zoorloo DAC>AKG IEM's and it does sound good...so nothing is impossible

But this first taste of balanced headphones has made such an imprint it has completely re-shaped my standards of hifi by headphone experience.

So shall I start another thread or shall we expand this one...what has shaped your listening experience as WOW moments...was it a new headset, new amp, new cables, a nice hamburger?

That last one is not so off you know...the way you hold your ears when chewing makes a big difference to the bass line and overall SQ, ha ha ha.

Anyway...anyone keen?

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #3,904 of 4,536
  So shall I start another thread or shall we expand this one...what has shaped your listening experience as WOW moments...was it a new headset, new amp, new cables, a nice hamburger?

That last one is not so off you know...the way you hold your ears when chewing makes a big difference to the bass line and overall SQ, ha ha ha.

Anyway...anyone keen?

New Thread! - I've followed this thread from post one and have discovered some amazing music as a result. Its courteous to the OP to keep the thread on topic...

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #3,905 of 4,536

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #3,906 of 4,536

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #3,907 of 4,536
    Hopefully not to risqué 
eek.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #3,908 of 4,536
If you want a real 3D experience, (with regular stereo system) with soundstage and music themes all around you, including in your back and inside your brain, pls. try Roger Waters "Amused to Death"... 
(esp. "perfect sense" cut) A piece of cake of recording ingeneer performance! (some channels are in phase, some out or phase). You won't believe it. This is really WOOOOOW!

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #3,909 of 4,536
I just listened to "Amused to Death" and I have to agree that several of them were really well engineered and do have a 3D effect.
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #3,910 of 4,536
One song (though they all are up to this standard) from UK man OCHRE.

Genre - hard to say... sort of quiet classical electronic strings quartet sample an oven door.

I think it would be filed under Adult contemporary or experimental or something like that. The is no DELIGHTFUL ELECTRO SAMPLES AND HARPS IN IT TOO category.

A test for everything about your headphones or just a sweet hauntingly beautiful instrumental (there is never any singing to ruin the minutia of his work). Hope your bottom end is up to it. Top end is equally challenging - how harsh are your headphones?

Infotain me (name of the track).

https://youtu.be/59mh3Bs1Msc

Yes all the good accurate meticulous inventive stuff comes from UK and Scandinavia. Never from Australia or France, for instance They don't care about details, like that full stop I didn't do back there.

I ought to add none of his subsequent work is quite as involving as this. Still good but a little cold perhaps.

Beautiful on Blue Mofi and Denon mm400. Sounds meh on Fidelio X2. Top end details missing on Beyer t51p, no surprise.

None replace the air moving with studio monitors. Still gorgeous track that still sounds good on some pretty bad headphones. The mastering person is a genius (term used loosely).

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #3,911 of 4,536
^^ Great post. Full stop. (Semicolon, hyphen, right parenthesis.)

I'll keep it short and sweet and just return the favor with this little gem that still gives me goosebumps every single time after almost 15 years. Enjoy.

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #3,914 of 4,536

Users who are viewing this thread

Back