Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
May 21, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,841 of 4,538
The way I understand it (mind you, I'm not an acoustician or anyone in the science of such things, so take this as second hand knowledge), is that what we are actually hearing is primarily the overtone series (higher frequency complimentary sounds that virtually all sounds have), and/or the movement of the cone itself at extremely low frequencies.  For example, if you play a 10Hz or 15Hz tone, it doesn't sound so much like music as it does a rapidly repeating tick or pop.  Further, since we feel bass more than we hear it as human beings, what we are sometimes hearing is the resonance of our own body in reaction to the sound wave, which in turn, gives the sound wave an extra 10-12 feet to work with when piped in directly on the head.

That's the best answer I can give.  That question has plagued me a bit as well, and these are the best answers I've found.

May 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #3,843 of 4,538
This will require a very good system that can render all that bass and treble, but if you've got it please enjoy:

Same:

And same:

Also - this isn't music. It is art:

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #3,846 of 4,538

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #3,847 of 4,538

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #3,848 of 4,538

Caetano Veloso in general sounds WOOOOOOOW on my rig, but this song hit a very interesting spot today. It was absolutely overwhelming! I definitely have heard this song in the past and must have loved it. Now, I am discovering this amazing musician and when I heard this song I really couldn't hold myself together. WOW! Such a great musician and what an awesome song. I really had one of those moments when the gear just disappears and you focus on the most beautiful aspects of the music. I advise all of you, especially those with more analytical sounding gear to give this a shot. You shall be moved by it!

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #3,849 of 4,538

biggrin.gif

HS

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #3,852 of 4,538

HS,
How do you insert a YouTube video into post?

Thanks

X,

If you look into the text box that allows you to post, you'll see a series of buttons up above your text.  Look for the one's on the top right, and there you will see one that looks like film.  Press that button and it will provide a pop-up box where you then paste in the address from youtube, etc...  It's a rather manual process, but it's what this forum uses...old school...LMAO.

Hope that helps.  If not, just pm me I'll provide some screen shots.

Good luck.

HS

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #3,853 of 4,538

Great, really appreciate help

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #3,855 of 4,538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back