Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Apr 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #3,482 of 4,538
Valerie June - "Pushin' Against A Stone" - red wine or Tasmanian whiskey - stunning even sober

Lisa Hannigan - "Sea Sew" - red wine

Sierra Noble - "Possibilities" - very good beer or red wine

Nikolai Demidenko - "Scarlatti Sonatas" - sobriety & dark room - "maybe" red wine

Regina Spektor - "Far" - red wine or whiskey

Joe Creighton - "Holywell" - red wine

Missy Higgins - "The Sound Of White" - red wine

the list above covers a lot of musical spectrum

others...

Mary Coughlan - "Sentimental Killers" - red wine or Tasmanian whiskey

Pavlo's Dog - "Pampered Menial" - very good beer, red wine or good Tennessee whiskey

The Fabulous Thunderbirds - "Girls Go Wild" very good beer 

the Crash Test Dummies (debut) - "The Ghosts That Haunt Me" - very good beer, red wine or whiskey

Hassles

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,483 of 4,538

Just about any song on the Causeway album by Ryan Teague. Reaaally nice from the HD-600.

i like this two... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #3,485 of 4,538

Man - I'd forgotten how much better this one is, compared to the standard CD release.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,490 of 4,538
Most MUSE can be pretty amazing on the right setup.

Namely, all three parts of the Exogenesis Symphony--this can either be tear-inducing or headache-causing--such a complex and wildly varying piece of music.  I think it will tell you a lot about your system.
          Madness is a song that sounds very cool through any decent set of cans.

Some other favorites through the headphones (in no particular order):

Holocene - Bon Iver - just plain sublime...

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots PT. 2 - Flaming Lips - may induce joyful vomiting...

Most Radiohead - too much will leave you in a depressed state...but it may be worth it

Most Air - warning:  too much and you might find yourself enjoying Muzak--and we don't want that to happen...

Most Massive Attack - Atlas Air would be among the top along with Rush Minute

Daft Punk - Get Lucky (kind of annoying song but it sounds sweet through a quality setup) also End of Line (from Tron) - this sounds SO cool through a high quality system

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing and Sultans of Swing - Mark Knopfler's guitar work pretty much always sounds amazing through good headphones--kind of like David Gilmour

Loreena McKennitt - Snow - Gorgeous piece of music

Any Norah Jones from her first couple albums - voice that makes you melt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back