Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Mar 30, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #947 of 4,539
beerchug.gif
Very enjoyable with AKG K702
He Will Call You Baby - Cowboy Junkies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDndecQj3g

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #951 of 4,539
Long Distance Calling - Avoid The Light

I like it with the Concerto/T1, Sonett/HD800 and Thingee/HD25

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #952 of 4,539
Modified Grado SR225 headphones.

Buika - Nina De Fuego

Wynton Marsalis - From the Plantation to the Prison

These, to me, have to be about the two most amazing albums to listen to.  Though I don't know Spanish, Buika is still an impressive African / Flamenco Jazz singer and performer.  Amazing stuff!  Certainly, these two albums would never see any radio play - at least here in the U.S.

Also, wanted to add, basically any of the Patricia Barber albums are also great.  Excellent recording quality + Patricia's performances = Bliss.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #953 of 4,539

Quote:
Hilary Hahn - Bach Concertos
Last weekend, we were fortunate enough to see Hilary Hahn live at a local church as she was playing 4 benefit concerts for the earthquake / tsunami relief in Japan.  She played with pianist Valentina Lisitsa (Ukraine born).  This concert was out of this world!  My daughter is a violinist of 8+ years and was enamored with this concert.  With the intermission included, the concert was about 2.5 hours long.  The church pews had cushions on them, which meant for very comfortable seats - probably way better than any concert seats.  We sat in the 6th pew - about 50 feet from Hilary - and her performance.  I realize this was a once in a lifetime event for us to see.  I know I can't recreate this in a headphone environment, though.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #955 of 4,539

Quote:
^^ Hilary and Valentina together in concert!? I'm so envious.
biggrin.gif

Yes, I know.  I'm not really a classical music fan - not nearly the fan that my daughter is.  She's followed Hilary for a while now (The Village soundtrack, etc.) and had just learned of the event that same afternoon when her orchestra instructor posted the event on the door.  It was the end of my workday and I was going to take a nap when my daughter told me about it.  She realized I was worn out from the week, so she was hesitant in asking.  However, I knew what it meant to her - and then directed her to go upstairs and get changed into dressier clothes and get ready in less than 15 minutes.  We drove through rush hour to get there and arrived within 10 minutes after doors had opened.  We dropped our donations of cash into the fishbowls and headed for the pews, which led us to the 6th row.  Please keep in mind, Hilary only performed 4 benefit concerts for Japan (one in Baltimore, MD, one in Alexandria, VA, one in Atlanta, GA and one in NYC).  Hilary performed these benefit concerts here in the U.S. to aid Japan because her tour in Japan was cancelled due to the earthquake and tsunami catastrophic events.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #956 of 4,539
k701 | Epilogue - The Antlers
pro 900 | Getaway Car - Audioslave
hd595 | Horchata - Vampire Weekend
s4 | The Funeral - Band of Horses

These tracks bring out the best of my headphones.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #959 of 4,539
I have to say I'm enjoying this thread.  There's a lot of music on here that I'd normally never listen to but still enjoy quite a bit.  I think a lot of it is just enjoying great sounding...(whateverthemusicis)...so thanks for finding and posting the HD videos of your suggestions.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #960 of 4,539
I wonder if posting 30 sec. clips would constitute fair use under copyright laws if used here for educational purposes (demonstrating different acoustical properties on various headphones/amps)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back