Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,281 of 4,538
Quote:
The whole album Kinetik by Phutureprimitive, one of the very best recordings I have ever listened to, certainly for headphones. Here is a YouTube video clip. His other album Sub Conscious from 2004 is also stunning. Both albums can be downloaded from his website in FLAC format for $10. easil the best album purchases for the money I have made in many years.

*Video*

Hey, thanks for mentioning this! Never heard of the artist before, great music.
L3000.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #2,282 of 4,538
Without a doubt the first song to come to mind is The Foals, Spanish Sahara. Dim the lights, close your eyes, and loose yourself in it. Oh, if you are of drinking age I suggest a little Absinthe too.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #2,283 of 4,538
"Just Wait" by The Reign of Kindo

The Jazz-rock of this song just pops with awesome earphones. :)

"Face to the Floor" by Chevelle

This song is so bass guitar-heavy it rocks so hard.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,284 of 4,538
Quote:
"Just Wait" by The Reign of Kindo

The Jazz-rock of this song just pops with awesome earphones. :)

"Face to the Floor" by Chevelle

This song is so bass guitar-heavy it rocks so hard.

The Reign of Kindo is very good, thanks for mentioning it :)

I still find TRON Legacy's OST amazing, as well as Inception's OST.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2,286 of 4,538
One that will push the limits is Cockeye's Song in the Yo Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. The one I found in YouTube has HORRIBLE quality (even for YouTube standards) so I won't even post the video, but I'll post the grooveshark link. It will wow you with the correct headphones, specially the last part which is particularly crowded. 

http://grooveshark.com/s/Sergio+Leone+Suite+Cockeye+s+Song+From+Once+Upon+A+Time+In+America/3r6WKY?src=5

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #2,288 of 4,538
I've started listening to Fantastic Plastic Machine =)
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjGn8CZ_QM[/video]
Simply very well made and sounds fantastic on the HD800 (especially due to the soundstaging)

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2,289 of 4,538
Quote:
I've started listening to Fantastic Plastic Machine =)

Good man!  What do you think of Philter (In Viaggio Attraverso L'Australia)?

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,290 of 4,538
Quote:
One that will push the limits is Cockeye's Song in the Yo Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. The one I found in YouTube has HORRIBLE quality (even for YouTube standards) so I won't even post the video, but I'll post the grooveshark link. It will wow you with the correct headphones, specially the last part which is particularly crowded. 

http://grooveshark.com/s/Sergio+Leone+Suite+Cockeye+s+Song+From+Once+Upon+A+Time+In+America/3r6WKY?src=5

I LOVE the soundtrack of Once Upon A Time in America. The movie as well is something incredible...

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #2,291 of 4,538
I just realized that my previous link didnt work. This is the song that i posted.

Its called Hyperborean by Arlid Andersen; featured in the famous audiophile documentery (must watch for every headfier) called Audiophile Club of Athens Documentary (or Greek audiophile). From this short film, I spent the last 4-5 months searching for this song until I found it a couple of days ago. Its INCREDIBLE 
k701smile.gif

Gonna order the album on Amazon these couple of days...

Also, this movie features the Elgar Cello Concerto performed by Jacqueline Du Pre with the London symphonic orchestra (hands down, best cello piece ever recorded, not sure bout written). Im also gonna get this CD, Im not quite sure which one out there is the best quality (looking for either ADD or AAD) and there is no SACD.

Listen to the part around 1:20 till 3:00 something. Its amazing.

All the best people..

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #2,292 of 4,538

Take you pick...Get a decent .flac, .wav rip of this or better yet, vinyl stick on your best earphones and prepare to be blown away!!

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #2,293 of 4,538
How about some very up beat blues? Junior Wells 1966 It's My Life, Baby! Some are live performances from the south side of Chicago. With Buddy Guy on guitar, just some good ole' funky stuff 
biggrin.gif

Junior Wells--Shake It Baby

Junior Wells--Stomach Ache

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,295 of 4,538
Much Juno Reactor very nice!

Just finished coffee on the deck with Xanadu "I will dine on honeydew and drink the milk of paradise" Amazing Classic!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back