Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Apr 27, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #271 of 1,377
  Phew! Turns out we're not scam artists after all!

Good job with the measurements. Are these single point or did you shift the headphones around?

P.S. We're having a deal for FREE shipping and FREE mics on our store until end of April.

3 repeats, average of left and right channels. So, an average of 6 measurements essentially. 

May 3, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #273 of 1,377
  With the digital download of 3 instances, could I sell the two other instances of the license and keep one for myself? As I only need one license on my main computer anyway.

Well, you can try, but it will be super tricky. It's basically one code which can be activated on three different machines. So, if you can make sure that your buyer doesn't activate it twice, then go ahead!

Our support guys will be super freaked out tho.

May 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #274 of 1,377
Ok no problem. I purchased the software now. But when I try to do the offline activation it says I need to browse my computer and import a Activation request file. Where is this?

When I try to enter the key itself in the plugin it wont let me enter anything.

Edit. Nevermind I figured it out and it's now activated. Time to enjoy some music!

May 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #275 of 1,377
EQ snob here, just saying. Got this installed this morning...
eek.gif
. This EQ plugin on my hd800 has made them wonderfully musical and enjoyable. Very impressed. I would go as far as to say that with this EQ, the hd800 is appreciably more enjoyable than the hd800 S without the EQ. 

May 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #276 of 1,377
eek.gif
. This EQ plugin on my hd800 has made them wonderfully musical and enjoyable. Very impressed. I would go as far as to say that with this EQ, the hd800 is appreciably more enjoyable than the hd800 S without the EQ. 

I totally agree with you regarding the effect on the HD800, but I haven't tried the HD800S, so good to know. I've long suspected that the HD800S is the way to go if you don't want to use EQ and haven't already got the HD800, but if either of those two things aren't true then using the Sonarworks EQ on with the HD800 is a far better option.

May 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #277 of 1,377
eek.gif

I demoed the Sonarworks plugin to EQ my HD800, I also tried Parametric EQ settings from another HD800 owner.  I liked the Parametric EQ setting better than the Sonarworks plugin, which was too dark for my liking.  I installed the @Sorrodje mod last week, and it is a real winner for me with my setup.  Soundstage width and depth got a little lost with EQ settings, lost the real open sound of the HD800.  Sorrodje's mod is where I will be staying, no 6khz peak, wonderful bass, very enjoyable.  My HE-6 gets much less head time now, as the HD800 now is more all rounder!

May 7, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #278 of 1,377

EQ snob here, just saying. Got this installed this morning...:eek: . This EQ plugin on my hd800 has made them wonderfully musical and enjoyable. Very impressed. I would go as far as to say that with this EQ, the hd800 is appreciably more enjoyable than the hd800 S without the EQ. 

I demoed the Sonarworks plugin to EQ my HD800, I also tried Parametric EQ settings from another HD800 owner.  I liked the Parametric EQ setting better than the Sonarworks plugin, which was too dark for my liking.  I installed the @Sorrodje
 mod last week, and it is a real winner for me with my setup.  Soundstage width and depth got a little lost with EQ settings, lost the real open sound of the HD800.  Sorrodje's mod is where I will be staying, no 6khz peak, wonderful bass, very enjoyable.  My HE-6 gets much less head time now, as the HD800 now is more all rounder!

Is that a software or hardware mod?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #280 of 1,377
Yup . http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-800-s-tweaked-and-delightfuland-french-diy-response-page-2#4c4eCRdcDSpOICZU.97

May 7, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #281 of 1,377
  Yup . http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-800-s-tweaked-and-delightfuland-french-diy-response-page-2#4c4eCRdcDSpOICZU.97

Props to @Sorrodje for taking the time to build and measure the results of his mod.  I like the transformation my HD800 has made with the resonator mod.  Not for the faint of heart, extreme care needed in working close to the diaphrams!  Warranty voided when tampering in this area, you have been warned.

May 7, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #283 of 1,377
Are there any plans to add additional headphones to the list or is it finite? 

I think the answer would be "yes" to both :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 12, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #285 of 1,377
RudeWolf: do you know if there's any particular reason why you aren't exposing your "simpler" controls (latency slider and bypass) to the host?
My use case: got a chain on my Live master ch racked with macros to instantly switch every plug from zero/min latency to linear phase, toggle oversampling, lookahead etc. Have trialled Sonarworks a couple of times but the lack of ability to automate it in this way is really keeping me from buying it. Well, that and the fact that the adjusted HD650 curve wrecks havoc on my Subpac haha, I need more outputs...

Rather off topic but: I've been thinking about looking into combining your room calibration with my existing KRK Ergo setup - thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back