Someone from Colorado ?
May 1, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #31 of 222
Hello all,

It has been some time since I posted here.

There is a small group of audio geeks that get together in the Denver area on a fairly regular basis.

We are known informally as the DAM or Denver Audio Mafia.

While we mostly concentrate on speakers and cables and stuff like that, we do have some headphone rigs.

I just received a Radii HAP-05 headphone amp that I would like some feedback on. I also have a Radii HAP-02. There are a few X-cans floating around.

The headphones the guys own are Senheiser HD-600s, HD-580s, HD-280s, Sony MDR-V6, and a Grado of some kind
wink.gif

I am busy this weekend with my son's inline hockey tournament in Greeley.

Drop me a PM and maybe we can all find a date that would work for us to get together.

Cheers!

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #32 of 222
For future searchers, I am here in Denver as well. I would love to have a chance to hear others' gear, though I don't have much yet myself.

Cheers,

Andy

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #33 of 222
Me, too. Hey, if anyone in the Denver area has a decent amp, I'd like to try it out for comparisons. Something like a Gilmore Lite or SR-71 (not freaky-high-end or anything). I have a USB interface that seems to have a killer headphone section, but I've not really heard a proper headphone amp, so I'd like to compare it. Please let me know if you're in town and could either let me come over or let me borrow you amp.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #35 of 222
I'm in the Denver metro area, would enjoy getting together for a meet. It would be fun to meet the Denver Audio Mafia, too, though I notice that post is from 2003. I have headphones to bring, as well as a couple of SinglePower tube amps, if anyone is interested, and a "mint tin" amp and a Meta42 headphone amp. Sorry, PFRfan, I don't have any of the amps you mentioned.

I would also be interested in hearing some different speakers and cables, as my music interests include non-headphone set ups as well.

Feb 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #36 of 222

try a Google search with

colorado "view profile" site:head-fi.org

BTW, isn't Warsaw an odd place for a Head-fi meet for Denver residents?
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #37 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris
I'm in the Denver metro area, would enjoy getting together for a meet. It would be fun to meet the Denver Audio Mafia, too, though I notice that post is from 2003. I have headphones to bring, as well as a couple of SinglePower tube amps, if anyone is interested, and a "mint tin" amp and a Meta42 headphone amp. Sorry, PFRfan, I don't have any of the amps you mentioned.

I would also be interested in hearing some different speakers and cables, as my music interests include non-headphone set ups as well.

I noticed the 2003 too, but I think there's still some Coloradoans here!
tongue.gif

I've got:

standard cMoy
MisterX cMoy, MisterX MINT, MisterX pimeta
Headroom Little with More Power upgrade
Porta Corda MkII
SuperMacro with 627s
Super Maxi Moy Signature Ed.
hd580 with Headphile BlackMax recable
dt770/80
sr225 woodied/recabled/with C Pads

I've also got some Sharp Auvi minidisc portable units, if anyone would be interested in md.

I'd love to hear some high end decks, cans, and other gear that everyone has

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #38 of 222
I'm still around, so is the DAM group mentioned above. See my sig for my current gear. I'd love to hear the DT 770-80's and 225's w/C-cups.

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #40 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by rohorn
On the way out there scale, how about renting a van and going on a pilgrimage to HeadRoom in Montana?

or better yet. going to mexico and loading up that van with fireworks/immigrants! no, i'm kidding of course. that's a supa cool idea. love montana

btw: i've actually made that drive; from boulder to cheyanne. from cheyane to grand teton national park. from grand teton to yellowstone. from yellostone to bozeman. not the MOST direct drive, but i think it would be a shame to miss out on some of that beauty if we head up there, at least i wouldn't miss it.

i have a ford explorer that can seat 5 including driver. i'd sleep in it, though you folks might be hotel-people. or, more likely, motel people?
smily_headphones1.gif
i'd have a hard time committing to a 3 day trip though. driving straight there in a day is one hell of a push, though i bet we could do it with rotating drivers. more likely, if folks were to want a 3 day trip, i might take off early, make it a 5 day trip for myself and anyone else who wants, spend some more time in grand teton and yellowstone etc. and meet the rest of the folks at headroom.

EDIT: i'm still up for this, but my explorer is dead. i have a 91 honda civic hatchback which is TINY. i know my big self wouldn't want to be crammed in the back seat, but if there are some small headfier's
smily_headphones1.gif
my honda runs great and should get nearly 40mpg on the highway. it's small and noisy, though i'm presently hooking up some cdt coaxials and my alpine head unit so folks could plug in their dap's.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #43 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer

try a Google search with

colorado "view profile" site:head-fi.org

BTW, isn't Warsaw an odd place for a Head-fi meet for Denver residents?
wink.gif

tongue.gif
I've left Boulder more than 18 months ago now. A belgian student can travel a lot in our world
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish I could go back to Boulder for a while though, it's a real great place.

Mar 1, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #44 of 222
OK, lets hammer out a date and time and we'll do it. I'll bring the Whisky
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back