Someone from Colorado ?
Feb 20, 2003 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 222

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just wondering how many we are on this board from Colorado. It's not yet an offer to set up a meeting, just to see if it would worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2003 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 222
I know there are a few on the board from the Denver area, and a lot of Coloradans seem to have joined in the last few months.

Mar 2, 2003 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 222
I'm near Denver... I think OakIris too. I'd be into a meet some time, when I'm not working... would probably have to be a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday afternoon. We could use a group room at a library if no one has room at their house.

Mar 6, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 222
I, too, would be interested in a meet somewhere in the Denver area., though I won't have much knowledge/equipment to offer as I just got interested in good audio. (Who said life ends at 50?!?)

I work Tuesday-Saturday, so Sunday would be best for me - I imagine Monday is out since most people have a "normal" work schedule.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 222
Maybe one of the local purveyors of audio paraphanalia, such as Gold Sound, Cherry Creek Audio, etc. might let the few of us get together there. If that appeals to anybody, I'll ask around.

Mar 7, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 222
That's a great idea, rohorn! That way maybe we could all listen to some non-portable highend equipment and get everyone's opinions and reactions.

I am hoping to buy components for a new stereo system at some point this year, but don't know diddly about it, so would love to hear what everyone else has to say about it. (I should say, "higher end" equipment than I have now - I certainly can't afford the real high end stuff!) I'd rather hear what other Head-Fi folks have to say about it than to take the word of a sales person.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 222
for those we looked at the Amplification forum, the DIYer who made the amp for hirsch is from Denver. It would be interesting to see if we can contact him. His amps are according to Hirsch at par with the best.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #11 of 222
00940 - Are you talking about the custom SET amp? Maybe you could PM Hirsch to find the identity of the maker and find out if she/he is interested in attending a meet?? That would be wonderful.

I mean, come on - there have to be more than 6 Coloradans here on Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 222
I've got an extremely modded Melos SHA Gold Reference, done my Headfi member, Carlo, that I'm sure you guys would really enjoy. I have no headphones as I'm using my Melos as a linestage but I would love to have people listen to it with some good cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back