Someone from Colorado ?
Aug 8, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #64 of 222
You know guys, it would be great if someone in Denver could take the initiative here. I'm moving out of Colorado in just a few weeks and it'd be a huge disappointment to not have even a Boulder mini-meet before I go.

Singlepower Audio's main facility would be a nice location but I've tried to contact Mikhail unsuccessfully so many times, primarily due to the fact I can't call during normal business hours (no cell phone and my work phone-line is monitored). If someone in Denver could try to get in touch with him, that would be great, as I'm too far away.

Aug 16, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #65 of 222
I've mentioned this already but I would be happy to host at my condo in Boulder. 10 people max probably but I don't think that's going to be a problem
tongue.gif
I don't have much stuff to offer but a few people have to be interested right?

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #66 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Singlepower Audio's main facility would be a nice location but I've tried to contact Mikhail unsuccessfully so many times, primarily due to the fact I can't call during normal business hours (no cell phone and my work phone-line is monitored). If someone in Denver could try to get in touch with him, that would be great, as I'm too far away.

I was there last week and he does have a lot of space, however, it is VERY cluttered and there isn't much room for a meet. I will be seeing him in the next week or so and will bring it up with him and post here what he says.

Happy Listening!
gs1000.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #67 of 222
Let's see..how to say this...I'm sitting here drooling over your setups
biggrin.gif
You see, I'm a starving college student and I have no access to the kind of stuff you guys have. I can't see myself even buying an E500 or triple x in the foreseeable future. So, to have the chance to hear a Stax, or Grado Statement, or HD6xx, or K701 would be an honor.

Aug 20, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #69 of 222
That's my last weekend before school starts, so that would be great for me. Yeah we need at least one or two other people because you'd get bored fast w/ my setup
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #71 of 222
And yea it has been written! Sunday, 8/27 at 3 o'clock at my pad.

I'll PM everybody directions to my place when you RSVP. It's real easy though..I'm on Baseline and Manhattan (basically Baseline and Foothills Hwy[157] in Boulder)

Aug 20, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #72 of 222
Cool, hopefully we can get at least 2 more coming. Maybe we should notify the other Colorado Head-Fiers via PM or e-mail? Not very many seem to check back here often and since it's going to be in a week, gotta increase the chances.

And you should probably mention which of my components you're most interested in hearing, stuffing everything I own into the car is just going to be excessive.
wink.gif

x_jarhead, would be awesome if you could make it, I'd like to hear your SR-71.

Aug 20, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #74 of 222
I'll be away from my computer until late tonight. But that's a good idea to weed through this thread and PM people..I'll start on that as soon as I'm home.

Bummer no Grado Statement and Stax (and I'm sure you're a cool person too, abs
eggosmile.gif
)

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #75 of 222
Wow...but, I'm not completey discouraged that no one has said anything else here as I realize too a lot of you probably aren't subscribing to this thread anymore. So anyway, I'm going to PM you all and please do PM me back with your RSVP (and I'll send you directions). On the list so far are only myself and Asr. That said, max. is probably 10-15 people. Basically this is what we have to work with:

-large coffee table that can accomodate 3-4 setups
-dining room table, 4-6 setups
-a breakfast nook, 2 setups
-and we can use the deck furniture for 2 more if we need it
-Onkyo CD/amp and my iPod are the only source I can equip...this is where we need the most help.

Asr: If you brought Beyer's, 701's, Senns, and whatever source/amp stuff that you'd be willling to help things out with that's all I can recommend. I personally would really like to hear all of those phones

This is the first meet (mini-meet) I've ever had a part in so if anyone has something to help us revectorize, please speak up. Do we want dip/crackers/beers/sodas/veggies, etc.? Like I said, this is my first meet but I recognize it as having capacity for fun and also it seems like it can provide more focus to one's head-fi excursions.

Anyway:

---Sunday, 3PM------

It's so easy from here...let's do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back