Some Whiplash TWag V1 Cables Turning Green (Split from JH13 Appreciation Thread)
May 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #121 of 242

Quote:
It might have been just a test bought off of eBay but that test has now been proved to be accurate.

The assay company has requested the removal of the document photos.

Now, seriously, Parrots, enough.

May 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #123 of 242
I just noticed that a post that Parrots made, that was edited to remove a photo, ended up looking like I made the post, after I submitted the edit.  I have no idea why that happened (seems to be a glitch), and I've removed that post (that appeared to be from me).

May 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #124 of 242
yeah you had me scratching my head briefly there Jude

May 27, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #125 of 242
I don't see why its Parrots who is taking all the flak here. He's clearly in the right. I'd be pissed as well if I was sold a cable that was (sold as being) pure silver when it fact it was 87% Nothing libellous there its a fact Lee/TWAG sold cables that weren't as stated whilst maybe not there fault is clearly fraudulent and I'd be in touch with trading standards

And as for Lee mailing the Assay company on the pretence of Trademark and clearly believing that Parrots had faked the results, pretty shameful imo

May 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #126 of 242
Yup, it's a load of bull. Parrots is being treated for what he is, a big pain in the butt, but he's also a loyal customer who's been ripped off and now the real heart of the matter is being swept under the rug. The physical evidence that proves Parrots was right is removed, and if anyone's come out of this looking like a fool it's him. This isn't fair.

May 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #127 of 242

Quote:
I don't see why its Parrots who is taking all the flak here. He's clearly in the right. I'd be pissed as well if I was sold a cable that was (sold as being) pure silver when it fact it was 87% Nothing libellous there its a fact Lee/TWAG sold cables that weren't as stated whilst maybe not there fault is clearly fraudulent and I'd be in touch with trading standards

And as for Lee mailing the Assay company on the pretence of Trademark and clearly believing that Parrots had faked the results, pretty shameful imo

X2

May 27, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #129 of 242

Quote:
It's not what he said, but how, and how often, he said it.  

I'd say Lee has behaved equally as bad. If ever a thread summed up the cliquenes of the Head Fi'er community this is it

I mean how dare Parrots question the deity that is TWAG and the super 99.999999% V1 silver cable. As I see it he's been palmed off at every turn

May 28, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #130 of 242

Quote:

From a moderation point of view, the only criticism of him was that he cross-posted the same thing in multiple threads. We don't like cross-posting, regardless of the reason.  

If he is taking flak, it is the way he was responding to people, insisting what he believes about Lee's honesty, regardless of what the truth is.  I don't think anyone, even Lee, has issue with the results of the test, if they are confirmed independantly.  If anyone should be copping flak, it is the company that made the wire for him.  

Quote:
Yup, it's a load of bull. Parrots is being treated for what he is, a big pain in the butt, but he's also a loyal customer who's been ripped off and now the real heart of the matter is being swept under the rug. The physical evidence that proves Parrots was right is removed, and if anyone's come out of this looking like a fool it's him. This isn't fair.

This thread is still here, isn't it?

I'd say, if you find something you believe is seriously wrong with a company's product, the best thing to do would be to contact them and confirm it first, allowing them to make things right from then.  If, after that, you feel they are not doing the right thing by their customers, I could well understand bringing it up publicly in a forum such as this.

May 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #131 of 242

have you tried contacting the CIA? they're probably the best place for taking these tests. just to make sure that the tests are 100% accurate, you know...
Quote:
I have been in touch with the Assay office and spoke to the Head of department at of the Lab he asked that I email one of his assistants and who will forward the email to him, he will then sign it to say that I can post the assay report and has asked me to wait for that so that I have written proof that I can post the report so once I get that I will contact Jude and ask that the reports are put back up.

May 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #132 of 242
Lee's behavior of having the Assay office have Jude take down information showing that Lee was selling head-fi'ers copper/silver cable as pure silver seems like something the moderators and administrators should be talking to Lee very seriously about. Maybe they have already, but this whole thing is something that threatens the relationship between head-fi, head-fi'ers and the hi-fi companies/head-fi sponsors who make the hobby possible.

May 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #133 of 242
What we have is confirmation that in the past, some cables that were supposed to be solid silver turned out to be heavy plate silver over copper.  Prior to the issue having blown up, they'd already changed to a different cable, which has been tested to be solid silver (if not quite 99.999% silver).  So it seems like the main issue was already resolved before this became a problem.  Anyone who feels like they should get a replacement cable should contact whiplash, as they've said repeatedly.  I'm not sure what head-fi can do at this point, as we're not party to the deals.

May 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #134 of 242

Quote:
Lee's behavior of having the Assay office have Jude take down information showing that Lee was selling head-fi'ers copper/silver cable as pure silver seems like something the moderators and administrators should be talking to Lee very seriously about.

Excuse me?

When did Lee ever have the assay office have Jude take down the photos of the assay report?

All Lee did was ask the assay office if the report that was posted here was legitimate.

se

May 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #135 of 242
I'm a cable skeptic and this whole turning green business made me think of Uncle Erik's proposed "brined in seawater" experiment. But even so, it seems to me that Lee and Craig have handled themselves reasonably well in response to what has happened. The main mistake that was made was in getting screwed by their supplier.

As for the incident of the assay report being taken down, it appears that no one is really at fault except for maybe the assay company not realizing what fair use means. Lee was within his rights to want confirmation on Parrots' claim. Just as Parrots was within his rights to want confirmation on Lee's claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back