Some good bass IEM's for under a 100 pleassseeeeee.
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #16 of 24
Ohhh cnet. Gotta love their reviews! (Klipsch S4 got a crazy high score. Thus, the S4 buyers will rely on cnet's review for reinforcement)

Understood about the over the ear. I'm not really the biggest fan of them either. Although they are great for reducing microphonics.

It's up to your choice on the headphone thing. Just remember, don't expect them to last forever if you are using them at the gym.

Also, If you haven't checked out |joker|'s Multi-IEM review, you should definitely do so. You can find that here.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 24
So I have been reading reviews on those Sony and people seem to all love them.  Is there anything that would be bad about them?  Do they have a problem staying in the ear being as big as they are?  Kinda still torn between those and the s4.  I like that the sony has better bass and a better cord than the S4, but I think the S4 would be probably be more comfortable and maybe overall sound a little better.

Please help guys.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #18 of 24
It's really all up to your decision. We all have different sizes of ears, thus the fits for IEM's all vary between us. What fits great for one, fits horrible for another.

I've been stuck in a lot of headphone choices as well. But in the end, you just have to choose. You take the one that outweighs the other in the preferences you need.

Besides, I haven't heard the best of things about the S4's cord durability. And when the cord breaks, then the headphone is useless.

Like they always say, "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link."

I'm not necessarily pushing you toward the Sony's, I just think the S4 isn't a gym headphone. It might be for some, but not when it "accidentally" has a cable break.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 24
the closest iems i`ve had to what you are looking for are ep-630s, and klipsch custom 2s, the stock earbuds from my sansa clip, and FA eterna v2. if you`re going to be exercising you might as well go with the stock earbuds that come with sansa clips, because i hear the same amount of detail from them as my hd-280 pros when im running around. you also wont feel crappy when they break because of the stress you put them under.

if you are set on getting IEMs, i find the eternas have the least microphonics of any IEMs ive had and they stay in the easiest. they are also very easily powered, they are significantly louder than any other headphones i plug into my sansa clip at the lowest volume setting, yet i`m immersed in the music.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #20 of 24
IF you can snag a pair of used Panasonic HJE900s for about $80 they are really good with tons of bass and a replaceable cable.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 24
Im not sure if this helps at all, but Sonys arent exactly very popular on this board.......but I auditioned several IEMs before I settled on the XB40EX's.  They sounded the best for the type of music I listen to most of the time.  Most of the ones I auditioned were armatures, and they just didnt have that deep bass Im used to listening to.  The Sonys sound very broad and deep compared to the BA phones I listened to.  The bass was just too anemic for me.  Yeah, I could have spent more than $50 and got better IEM's........but my Sansa only cost $50............so to me it was pointless to spend much more on cans.  Good luck.  

Oct 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #24 of 24
I think you should get the klipsch s4 , because they will stay in your ear while you are working out , they come with thease oval shaped tips that fit the ear very well and they are one of the most comfortable IEM's I have ever worn . Nothing worse then having to always refit your IEM's as they are starting to work themselves loose , especially when you are sweaty and such from working out . I know all about it , I use to have some UE Triple Fi 10's and those bulky things used to work themselves out all the time . Nothing worse then doing some heavy bench presses and your IEM's work themselves out while your in the middle of your set trying to get all those reps in . Weight lifting takes alot of concentration , I don't believe you would want any distractions in the gym .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back